Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2023, 07:36 AM

30,459 posts, read 12,049,064 times

Advertisements

I will start with who I think will make the finals.

Phoenix vs. Boston.

I think the Bucks are better than Phoenix but its finally going to be the year for Boston. And I think Holiday will be the difference. He has been to the promised land and that puts him ahead of Smart and it will help then in the post season. And adding Porzingis who no longer has to be Batman or Robin will thrive in his role there. Denver will be good but it seems hard for teams to repeat lately. And Phoenix in last year's playoffs won 2 in Phoenix against Denver. With no bench, unhappy Ayton and no Beal and that roster had a short time to gel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2023, 10:48 AM

4,143 posts, read 2,471,808 times
The Knicks, of course. J/K. I'm going to pick some dark horses. Clippers(if they can stay healthy) and the Bucks. I believe the MAGIC can get in the play in in the east. Pelicans in the play in in the west. The west is stacked! Could be anybody in the west make it in the playoffs.

Old 10-19-2023, 12:05 PM

30,459 posts, read 12,049,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
The Knicks, of course. J/K. I'm going to pick some dark horses. Clippers(if they can stay healthy) and the Bucks. I believe the MAGIC can get in the play in in the east. Pelicans in the play in in the west. The west is stacked! Could be anybody in the west make it in the playoffs.

If you think back when PG13 and Leonard joined the clips would anyone think 4 seasons together and they have yet to reach the finals. One of the most clutch playoff players one the level of Jimmy Buckets and Playoff Rondo. Yet zip. I picked them last year in the west and the Nets in the east. But hey KD has yet to reach the playoffs with all these various super teams since he left the Warriors. I think in the west Portland and Houston don't have a chance. Probably San Antonio also (Wemba will be great but they don't have much talent at this point around him). And Utah probably won't make it. In the east Charlotte is going to be bad but after that they case could be made that any of the others might make the play in. Even the Knicks. JUST KIDDING! The Knicks will be good.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-19-2023 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-19-2023, 12:07 PM

1,378 posts, read 2,664,100 times
Going with Boston in the East, Denver in the West.

Porzingis transforms the Celtics offense into a new beast. They had 78 points in the first half against the Knicks (Knicks bench, really) preseason game, largely because of spacing creating open shots, and high 3pt%. Tatum and White are better than last year, maybe also Brown. Jrue will help defense and distribution. Pritchard is a wildcard, potentially an ace in some games. The loss of Robert Williams hurts defense somewhat, but overall, the team is better than last year. If they can stay positive in the locker room without Smart, then the force is very strong with this team.

Old 10-19-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If you think back when PG13 and Leonard joined the clips would anyone think 4 seasons together and they have yet to reach the finals. One of the most clutch playoff players one the level of Jimmy Buckets and Playoff Rondo. Yet zip. I picked them last year in the west and the Nets in the east. But hey KD has yet to reach the playoffs with all these various super teams since he left the Warriors. I think in the west Portland and Houston don't have a chance. Probably San Antonio also (Wemba will be great but they don't have much talent at this point around him). And Utah probably won't make it. In the east Charlotte is going to be bad but after that they case could be made that any of the others might make the play in. Even the Knicks. JUST KIDDING!
Hardy Har Har. You could go crazy with many teams in the league. I like OKC to make some noise in the west. They could reach the semis in the west. In the east? I am seriously considering the Knicks to break through to the ECF. Don't think they ready for the finals but they have to take the next step or coach Thibs will be on the hot seat.

Old 10-19-2023, 06:47 PM

1,197 posts, read 497,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I will start with who I think will make the finals.

Phoenix vs. Boston.

I think the Bucks are better than Phoenix but its finally going to be the year for Boston. And I think Holiday will be the difference. He has been to the promised land and that puts him ahead of Smart and it will help then in the post season. And adding Porzingis who no longer has to be Batman or Robin will thrive in his role there. Denver will be good but it seems hard for teams to repeat lately. And Phoenix in last year's playoffs won 2 in Phoenix against Denver. With no bench, unhappy Ayton and no Beal and that roster had a short time to gel.
Start a suns vs celtics finals thread now. I did the heat vs nuggets thread a few months back before it happened and got some haters

On paper both these teams are the best with their big 2.5's.

Old 10-19-2023, 07:44 PM

7,207 posts, read 11,475,239 times
Great! Time to doom two teams with my awful predictions.

Bucks vs. Suns

Lillard will unlock a more efficient Giannis and give them a clutch-time combo equal to any team in the league. No more crowding the lane on The Greek Freak late in games and forcing him into double teams. Lopez and Giannis will help negate Lillard's defensive weakness with their rim protection.

The Suns have a great scoring Big 3, team cancers eliminated, and a center who has had success matching up against Jokic in Nurkic. They have been close for a few years now, this year I see them breaking through.

Old 10-20-2023, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Great! Time to doom two teams with my awful predictions.

Bucks vs. Suns

Lillard will unlock a more efficient Giannis and give them a clutch-time combo equal to any team in the league. No more crowding the lane on The Greek Freak late in games and forcing him into double teams. Lopez and Giannis will help negate Lillard's defensive weakness with their rim protection.

The Suns have a great scoring Big 3, team cancers eliminated, and a center who has had success matching up against Jokic in Nurkic. They have been close for a few years now, this year I see them breaking through.
I like this match up for the finals. With the Suns, pick your poison. They have a 3 headed monster in KD, Book and Beal. I'll stick with the Clips in the west. Somebody has to be right. Or we all are wrong.

Old 10-20-2023, 01:09 PM

14,798 posts, read 14,788,784 times
Celtics over Warriors in 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball