Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 05:30 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times

Advertisements

Were stimulus funds offered for repairs of existing roads ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM

59 posts, read 56,571 times
Mostly earmarked for highways, but local state routes also qualify.

I have driven on roads all over the country and BR (not Louisiana, but BR) has some of the worst I have seen. Middle of Pennsylvania is #2.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 AM

22 posts, read 74,852 times
bntbr12 this may be an unfair assumption but are you from up north? Sounds like your description of BR (college football, outdoor activities, religion, etc.) describes a way of life in the south. I have received some good feed back from my post. You provided no feed back to the original context of the post you only seem to fight with others commenting on it. If you don't wish to comment on it could you please take your petty bickering elsewhere!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:47 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,056 times
Why are so many tiger fans disloyal to Coach Miles is what I'm curious about?
That is a barometer of the people in Baton Rouge. Right?

Seems pathetic from a life long Saints fan perspective.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,324,621 times
I think it has to do with the way he mismanages games.
He does win a lot though, so I guess you gotta take the bad with the good.
Brad Childress is similar with Vikings fans. He has won a lot of games and taken the Vikes to the playoffs quite regularly, but a lot of people want him fired. Football is very much a "what have you done for me lately?" sort of game and coaches are in the hotseat after a few bad games.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:15 PM

595 posts, read 1,173,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bntbr12 View Post
I just don't get why when everyone agrees the roads are a mess, why don't they fix them? Why won't the Governor take road stimulus funds?
If they were available,He should have taken advantage of it ,But it seems like money from the Govt. sometimes cost to much in return in some under the table deal I never seem to be aware of.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
If they were available,He should have taken advantage of it ,But it seems like money from the Govt. sometimes cost to much in return in some under the table deal I never seem to be aware of.
Louisiana will be paying for it anyway. Taxpayers in Louisiana will be paying their income taxes for road construction elsewhere. The money was appropriated. Since Louisiana didn't take it, someone else did.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal tiger View Post
bntbr12 this may be an unfair assumption but are you from up north? Sounds like your description of BR (college football, outdoor activities, religion, etc.) describes a way of life in the south. I have received some good feed back from my post. You provided no feed back to the original context of the post you only seem to fight with others commenting on it. If you don't wish to comment on it could you please take your petty bickering elsewhere!
I am from up north. But that doesn't change much of anything I don't think other than the religion aspect. I do see a lot of "religious" people. It is not my business what they do, but they sure shouldn't make it mine either.

As for the outdoor activities, that can be found in rural New England and the Midwest as well. Minnesota is perfect for outdoor activities, winter and summer.

College football is huge here, bigger than anywhere else. I just get annoyed when people ask me why I am not rah rah LSU all the time. I am not the type of person to tailgate from 7pm Thursday until the wee hours of the morning after a game. That doesn't make me a bad person that I don't want to be, but a lot of people I have met have said otherwise. They don't understand it. This is more than just a few people too.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
My point was , there are several members here that never miss an opportunity to bash Baton Rouge . Their " agenda " is a personal dislike for B.R. for some unknown reason , and they want to dissuade others from living or visiting here .
I haven't seen much of this, but I would say that having lived here more than three decades, the city/parish is far from perfect. The white flight to neighboring parishes ought to tell you something about the fact that B. R. ranks high in Federal violent crime statistics — including murder — but as for me, I think anyone should be allowed to live anywhere he/she wants. The more the merrier, and this should certainly aid in selling my house quickly when my wife and I relocate to Iberville Parish in the near future.

And I, BTW, stand by my rose-colored glasses statement.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:03 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
Uh huh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge