Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:29 AM

102 posts, read 162,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post
Yes, we need good able bodied people to come and work in Big Island Hawaii. Leave the Tommy Hilfiger / Aberombie & Fitch attitude fashionistas behind, come da Island Stylin and relax. Work hard grab da take out and do your pleasure sports.

Come inside and Look, We no bite, No Shame .
No worries mate, I'm on my way...eta in 6 months or less and I've spent 10 days and the last year visiting in person and researching what I found to be 'home'. Mahalo, Dog!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM

502 posts, read 985,667 times
Default The active Volcano Vent of Pu'u O'o is a ***** cat

Footnote: I have been officially censored from using a benign term that I grew up with form of a cat beginning with p)

The lovely streaming red orange lava flowing from the vent of Pu'u O'o is very pretty at night and it flows along a mostly underground "conveyer belt" system to the ocean where it sends up billowing white steam. No houses remain in its way anymore. It is a good thing that the lava is not all pent up under pressure from high elevation.

Anyway, the source of the flow is miles from Fern Forest Vacation Estates and at a much lower elevation. God Is Good ! He cares for his sheep ! Selah.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 PM

Default I tried to say that the active Volcano Vent of Pu'u O'o 6 miles down hill from

Glenwood Hawaii is a poosie cat . Can I get away with saying that ? No harm implied.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 AM

Default Volcano fumes and Puna side of Big Island Hawaii

For some most wonderful reason, the fumes or Vog of Pu'u O'o vent rise up and travel to HOVE and Kailua on a bad day but do not infiltrate the nearby Fern Forest Estates. Some days it blows over to Oahu .

If all that Vog was, perchance, man made, say by one guy who was burning tires in his back yard and creating all that havoc -- could you imagine the fine he would collect ??? And Jail time ?? But since it is an act of nature, a true Volcanic event, Nature gets off Scott Free !

Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Hmmmmmm.... Maybe we should impose a fine or a tax on Pele?
:-)

Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Default There is a good health food store / hot food buffet in Pahoa

Named Pahoa Natural Foods. Great place to grab a healthy meal and they have out door tables with a roof over it when it is raining. Out door bulletin board for free postings.

On Saturdays, there is a farmers market for vendors, with local produce right across the road from them.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Default I got back from a long journey to the even more South Pacific

during this past January. On this island nation that I visited the locals kill and eat the ocean turtles ( Hawksbeak ); and in one village on the shore, I witnessed where the kids caught a baby sea turtle, about 8 inches long and had it in a large stainless steel mixing bowl with some bits of sea weed - as their "pet".

Imagine the trouble Hawaiians would entangle themselves with the law if they did like wise !

I went into a local grocery mart, they sold mostly liquor and soft drinks, and they actually had sea turtle meat on a shish ka bob for sale. Out of curiosity I bought 2 for $1.25 each. ( The locals work hard to earn $1.60 per hour - even though gas costs $4.20 per gallon).

Back to the turtle meat ka bob, it was real chewy and I probably will never want to eat turtle again.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 AM

Default I got back from a long journey to the even greater South Pacific

Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 PM

Default Living in Hawaii is cool

But you still need to get away and see some other scenery once in a while so you dont get "inbred mind brain drain" . But what a luxury it is to get on a plane and fly some where else for a week or more.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM

Default Many people who work and complain that they do not Like their work - consider this, Philosophy

I probably do what most wealthy people consider a menial job. I am well paid for it and have lots of discretionary savings from it. I truly find pleasure and joy in what I am doing because I am able to do in unto The Lord God of Israel - The Precious Holy God of the Bible.

I was just pondering the other day that people do most every thing on earth for money. So what a mental shift it will be for some to ponder that for those who love the Lord God and are with Him in Eternity, that they will be working for Him and there will undoubtedly be NO MONEY EXCHANGED for it ! WOW . Work in Eternity will be out of Love and Devotion. No one ever talks about this on earth - like they cannot or will not consider it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island