Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 06:01 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
I pend a shtroad of ime oot on yhr ocean, and imm jst fine.

Hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 06:43 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,576,023 times
There's nothing that people who call Hawaii home like more than being told by someone who doesn't live here how they should address their problems. Sounds like you're talking yourself out of moving here.

Best of luck

Old 10-27-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
There's nothing that people who call Hawaii home like more than being told by someone who doesn't live here how they should address their problems. Sounds like you're talking yourself out of moving here.

Best of luck
Don’t be so offended and thin skinned, geez. Isn’t that the point of these forums, to help people with questions and concerns who plan on moving and visiting? I’m not talking myself out of anything, just looking for honest opinions and facts on the matter. Umm, and no, I’m not telling anyone how to address their problems. I see the state is taking steps to address this issue. I also am curious if this is nothing more than fear tactics.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:52 PM

4,416 posts, read 4,911,413 times
The only place I'm aware of that repeatedly closes beaches due to pollution problems is Oahu. I guess that makes sense since that's where most of the poopers are.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:01 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,920,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
The only place I'm aware of that repeatedly closes beaches due to pollution problems is Oahu. I guess that makes sense since that's where most of the poopers are.
To be fair - I don't agree and beach closures in my opinion are incredibly rare on Oahu. The Kauai beach problems are fairly well documented. And let's face it - there aren't a lot of beaches on the BI compared to Oahu.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:07 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,600,055 times
Well, Ny, it is more other islands problems more than BI, cesspools are not such a big problem, especially here in Puna where we have lots of Aa and puka's and good drainage where there is no problems with sewage. You don't live here. You have no idea. You do not understand. You have to live here to see what reality is. Come here first, see for yourself, then open your mouth. It is not like anywhere else.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Well, Ny, it is more other islands problems more than BI, cesspools are not such a big problem, especially here in Puna where we have lots of Aa and puka's and good drainage where there is no problems with sewage. You don't live here. You have no idea. You do not understand. You have to live here to see what reality is. Come here first, see for yourself, then open your mouth. It is not like anywhere else.
Wow! No need to get yourself twisted up so tight and defensive. I didn’t write the study and do the testing, people who live there did and do. I’m not the one who banned cesspools, your state legislators did.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:45 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,600,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Wow! No need to get yourself twisted up so tight and defensive. I didn’t write the study and do the testing, people who live there did and do. I’m not the one who banned cesspools, your state legislators did.
I'm not uptight and twisted, I've lived here since 1989, been brushing and flushing since then, had a cesspool all that time and had a cesspool installer tell me that a cesspool installed 20+ years earlier had caved in and guess what-- he said it was totally empty, didn't even smell. It had caved in in an earthquake and had nothing but a few roaches in it that devoured everything in it. There is still much debate here whether septic tanks or cesspools are a more efficient way of dealing with sewerage here. God bless cockroaches! The state is a bunch of idiots. You don't live here, you don't know.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
I'm not uptight and twisted, I've lived here since 1989, been brushing and flushing since then, had a cesspool all that time and had a cesspool installer tell me that a cesspool installed 20+ years earlier had caved in and guess what-- he said it was totally empty, didn't even smell. It had caved in in an earthquake and had nothing but a few roaches in it that devoured everything in it. There is still much debate here whether septic tanks or cesspools are a more efficient way of dealing with sewerage here. God bless cockroaches! The state is a bunch of idiots. You don't live here, you don't know.

Well, I don’t need to live there to know your politicians are idiots.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:59 AM

10,567 posts, read 7,772,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
...I don’t think the federal government has the Constitutional authority to enforce the illegal operation of cesspools. I think the ban on cesspools came from the state, not the EPA. Maybe I’m wrong.

Though I do think this is something that could be handled by the state; they should have a financial interest on being on top of this issue.

Yes, you're wrong about the cesspools.

I get the impression that you'd rather the EPA not exist, which is a faulty position to take for someone concerned about water quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: