Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 10:11 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peta2013 View Post
Is it really more “treated” when in a septic system?
You can't possibly be so naive as to think a cesspool is on even par with a septic system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 11:24 PM

416 posts, read 409,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You can't possibly be so naive as to think a cesspool is on even par with a septic system.
Neither are “treated” is my point.

Would I swim in either? Hell no.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:52 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,598,734 times
Think of this, the sewage that is pumped out of tanks evey few years has to go somewhere. Guess where it goes...

Old 10-30-2017, 06:13 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Here is what you wrote:

Do you know what "tacit" means? You have made a 'tacit implication' here that scientists - you know, the people who make "assumptions" in orderly, methodical "discovery" of scientific issues and questions - are working with unreliable and or inaccurate facts and foundations. Therefore: what they report as findings would be "un-trustworthy". Yes, that is precisely what you are saying: scientists can't be trusted (because their assumptions are "often" invalid - according to you).

But, correct, "science is not a democracy". Very good.

And, yes, there is empirical evidence (boatloads of it) that man "contributes" very substantially, and dangerously, to "climate change" ... while not being the sole cause. It is truly indisputable and copious scholarly links were provided to answer your challenge. ... Of course, if you are unwilling to believe in the veracities of science and method, there's no point in bothering to read them, is there?

So that’s it, the science of climate change is settled, with absolute certainty man is the lead cause to climate change? Damn, wow. Man is pretty awesome, very powerful. To think we have the capability to change the damn climate. We are like gods! Well, if that is the case, I’m proCo2. I love it. I mean I live up here in the north east and I can’t stand the winter. Every winter I freeze my ass off and am sick of it. There is nothing worse than slipping down a flight of icy stairs, pulling a shoulder from shoveling snow, spinning out into a guardrail when driving do to icy conditions. If man has the capability to make the northeast less cold,
I’m all for it. I will leave my lights on in my house 24 hours a day, I will let my car run as often as I can and I will encourage others to do that. I think the vegetation would thank me for my efforts.

The truth is, unlike you I took the red pill, not the blue pill, climate science is in its infancy. Dire predictions for both global cooling and global warming have been found to be grossly inaccurate. The science may be settled that man-made emissions have had some impact on the earth’s temperature, but the consensus stops there.

Climate is among the most complex phenomena ever attempted to be modeled, and a comparison of actual temperatures to predictions made by climate models shows how imprecise and imperfect the current models are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...nrWhI/amp.html

The State of Climate Science: No Justification for Extreme Policies | The Heritage Foundation

Do you really think climate change and global warming research is being driven by science? Think again. It’s not science driving this research, it’s ideology. Again, you shouldn’t have taken the blue pill.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9767/9...-aaron-bandler

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 10-30-2017 at 06:23 AM..

Old 10-30-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Think of this, the sewage that is pumped out of tanks evey few years has to go somewhere. Guess where it goes...
Used to generate electricity or fertilizer.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:55 AM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Actually I’m not wrong about the cesspools...
Yes, you are in the context of responding to my comment, which was about the EPA enforcing the closure of US Army cesspools on Oahu operating illegally,which also carried a fine with it.

EPA is also behind the closure of large cesspools on the Big Island in the Pahala area.

Quite possibly they're the impetus for the state to ban private cesspools too.

Has this law been signed by the governor? I haven't heard.

Last edited by Arktikos; 10-30-2017 at 08:17 AM..

Old 10-30-2017, 08:02 AM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
.. If man has the capability to make the northeast less cold,
I’m all for it. I will leave my lights on in my house 24 hours a day, I will let my car run as often as I can and I will encourage others to do that. I think the vegetation would thank me for my efforts.

The truth is, unlike you I took the red pill, not the blue pill..]
Good grief!

Old 10-30-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
Yes, you are in the context of responding to my comment, which was about the EPA enforcing the closure of US Army cesspools on Oahu operating illegally,which also carried a fine with it.

EPA is also behind the closure of large cesspools on the Big Island in the Pahala area.

Quite possibly they're the impetus for the state to ban private cesspools too.

This article says the governor approved the legislation:

New cesspool construction banned | West Hawaii Today

This article says your governor signed it:

Hawaii Bans New Cesspool Installations

Old 10-30-2017, 09:55 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post

Yes. Widely publicized. I am surprised we have defenders of cesspools.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:02 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
... am surprised we have defenders of cesspools.
... particularly the one now overflowing in Washington D.C. ... but I digress ...

... and offer the following - er - bathroom reading:
The Humanure Handbook - Basic instructions for using a humanure toilet.

... for those interested in sanity and willing to confront their fecal-phobia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: