Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 10:45 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
When we stayed at the Westin back in December we walked around. We saw a new Cantina Loredo was going in one of the locations. We may have to visit again now that its progressing. I'm not sure if this Cantina Loredo is the same folks who have the one in BS or not. This southern kitchen sounds interesting though.
The Southern Kitchen and Bar is an off shoot of Ivy's located in Buckhead area of Atlanta. It is large and cavernous and yet feels just right with lots of metal and barn wood . It has the roll up glass doors on the two long sides which will be good for street events especially. Huge bar and small music stage and a great updating menu.
Yes, it is the same Cantina Laredo. They are opening in late July. They are building a new structure on the top of the bldg. where they are going to have a special events area, both open and closed facing the 'jumbo tron'. They are also working on the ground level outdoor area. (they have the best location in my opinion) They also have that caramel apple pie a la mode, sizzling in the iron skillet; if you like nothing else this is worth going in and sharing with someone. The aroma alone is to knock you out.

You can see the new Uptown marquee signage that went up two weeks ago if you check my photo album.

raj

Last edited by raj kapoor; 06-02-2014 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
When we stayed at the Westin back in December we walked around. We saw a new Cantina Loredo was going in one of the locations. We may have to visit again now that its progressing. I'm not sure if this Cantina Loredo is the same folks who have the one in BS or not. This southern kitchen sounds interesting though.
You know that Jeffrey Bayer's company that owns The Summit also now is the leasing management for BS. I believe they have Texas de Brazil coming to the BS in the Fall.

I suspect that Jeffrey will be doing a lot of 'two for' negotiations on refilling spaces at both places. He has the connections and motivation that BS always needed. In its location, it should have been an explosive success from day one, but those out of town guys just built it and left it.

raj

Old 06-02-2014, 02:54 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
You know that Jeffrey Bayer's company that owns The Summit also now is the leasing management for BS. I believe they have Texas de Brazil coming to the BS in the Fall.

I suspect that Jeffrey will be doing a lot of 'two for' negotiations on refilling spaces at both places. He has the connections and motivation that BS always needed. In its location, it should have been an explosive success from day one, but those out of town guys just built it and left it.

raj

I'm not the hugest fan of Cantina Loredo. I'm just glad that area is getting something. That will help promote the hotels and BJCC.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:12 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Dunno if it has been posted yet, but here is the website:

Uptown Birmingham - The Premier Entertainment District at the BJCC

Now that it is fully booked, and almost completely up and running despite its many detractors and naysayers, the city can use it as an easy reference when it comes time to leverage for further development. The multi-use facility would be off the charts but I consider that a separate issue to discuss only in the other thread, but in the meantime I wonder if there is some sort of smaller retail or entertainment venues they could be looking for.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:58 AM

I only visit Bham a 4 or 5 times a year, but from my own experience in staying down at the Westin last year, Bham NEEDS it. It was 5pm and we needed dinner before an 8pm concert. Obviously we don't want to get out and drive, and we didn't want to walk several blocks to find something. The Todd English Pub was 2 hour wait, the two restaraunts at the Sheraton were an hour wait each. Having several other supporting eateries down there would be great for anyone going to an event down there.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not the hugest fan of Cantina Loredo. I'm just glad that area is getting something. That will help promote the hotels and BJCC.

I know you are not from previous posts. But the apple pie is worth the drop in for anyone who is not diabetic. It is the best dessert I have ever had. (the sangria is nice too)

But I do like the place a lot. It is much more Santa Fe than it is Mexican. I suppose that is why they describe the place as 'Modern Mexican'.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:55 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
what is the "BS" development that cantina laredo is in? i've never heard of it.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
what is the "BS" development that cantina laredo is in? i've never heard of it.

Bridge Street in Huntsville.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:34 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,168,747 times
so let me get this straight...down today around 1p.m. at uptown....the place was crowded. is it like that everyday? it so whoever is in charge of development better get rolling with some more spots cause the what 6,7 places now are packed, it's not gone be any room pretty soon for everybody.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalumni01 View Post
so let me get this straight...down today around 1p.m. at uptown....the place was crowded. is it like that everyday? it so whoever is in charge of development better get rolling with some more spots cause the what 6,7 places now are packed, it's not gone be any room pretty soon for everybody.
"Nobody goes there any more because it's so crowded!" Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation to quote Yogi Berra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
View detailed profiles of: