Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Blondebaerde
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Weird
Old

ON: MOVING TO SEATTLE AREA - Advice pls :)

Posted 12-11-2018 at 08:51 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
"Never underestimate the degree of banality possible by One Post Wonders® who arrive w/o preamble, fail to read any of the near-identical threads on the same subject with lunatic constraints or conditions (over...and over...and over), then disappear like dust in the wind when the cognitive dissonance is exposed and challenged!"

-=Blondebaerde, Dec 2018
I'll leave it as-is, if I do say so myself.
Big Data
Posted in Weird
Old

Persoot of Happyness?

Posted 01-29-2018 at 07:47 AM by Blondebaerde

The ...pursuit...of....happiness...is a phrase we hear about. Maslow's Heriarchy might call it "self actualization," which leads to happiness, or is happiness itself.

Thinking yesterday, I fell into an amusing loop:

"I am content. Living how I do, at this time in history, in these specifics, seems to be making me happy. I'm happy to be here, and get up with a bounce every day!

Loop 1: "...but what if that is delusional? Can one...
Big Data
Posted in Weird
Old

The Extremity Handguns

Posted 07-09-2017 at 10:38 PM by Blondebaerde

Alright, you're a VIP on a troop transport heading to the South Pacific. In addition to supplies, arms, and men, they're also carrying a dizzying collection of 1000+ handguns for the four-star at your destination.

As a VIP and enthusiast, you're naturally curious about the collection and you've toured it thoroughly in the hold. There is plenty of ammo (various) and magazines too, conveniently enough.

One morning, while you're below, the central magazine suddenly explodes....
Big Data
Posted in Weird
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

How about the anti-pulled over DUI story?

Posted 08-28-2016 at 10:26 PM by Blondebaerde

Last Friday, couple days ago only, female friend of mine (of many years) texts me "she wants to crash at my place." This is not unusual, when she gets a little tanked up, and it's OK logistically because she lives out hell and gone with her kids and I'd rather have her safe than sorry when partying Eastside.

I'm something of a homebody, usually, saving the world from me after dark rather than the other way around, as I like to explain it.

No; she says "...can...
Big Data
Posted in Weird
Old

OK, I'm Onboard with the Senator! Wait, Oh No...

Posted 06-30-2016 at 06:14 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 07-18-2016 at 11:32 PM by Blondebaerde

"In the past few weeks, since she defeated Bernie Sanders, Mrs. Clinton has been impersonating a centrist. Her foreign-policy speech was crafted to contrast sharply with Trump’s illiterate eruptions. She praised NATO, upheld the importance of alliances with Japan and South Korea, defended John McCain’s heroism, stressed the centrality of American world leadership, and promised to harness allies in the war to defeat ISIS. The speech was miles to Trump’s right."

Read more...
Big Data
Posted in Weird