Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Fortoggie
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Fall Festivals; Time to Get Involved

Posted 09-10-2013 at 05:36 AM by Fortoggie

All across the country, good times are about to happen. Fairs and festivals and tractor pulls, you name it they will be there. If you are young and a blue collar worker, this is your chance to shine.
Maybe you have been going on a Sat. or Sun. afternoon as a way of being entertained. Instead think of it as a way to impress, to shine and the show off your family. We have all been there and seen just how sloppy some people dress, even the kids look rag tag. This time be sure everyone looks...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Bill Clintons, Little Red Book

Posted 07-31-2013 at 10:20 AM by Fortoggie

My friend had a used car lot two blocks from my business and every once in awhile I would stop in and have a cup of his bitter coffee. He always kept a couch and two chairs in the salesroom and you could, count on a bunch of good ol boys being there, chewing the fat.
The year was 1991 and Bill Clinton had just come on the national scene and for some reason he had captured their attention. Over on the end table I saw a stack of red books, each book was about a half inch thick. That caught...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Just Call Me Morbid

Posted 07-03-2013 at 03:06 PM by Fortoggie
Updated 07-03-2013 at 07:11 PM by Fortoggie (Misspelled word)

The next four days will be deadly! Auto accidents and deaths will be up. Emergency rooms, nationwide will be overflowing. Millions of people will be at play and often that will be the most dangerous time of the year for them.
There will be accidents in water, on land and in the air, sun blisters will appear and will have cascading effects twenty years from now. Bones will be broken that will still be acting up in the year 2030 and beyond.
Why? Because in the spirit of holiday, men...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

On to Versailles

Posted 06-23-2013 at 01:15 PM by Fortoggie

No one wants to travel to France and to Paris without also visiting The Chateau de Versailles.
I must have been standing behind the door in history class, when the famous chateau was mentioned. Actually I'm pretty sure that it was never mentioned, at any rate I came upon Versailles as a complete greenhorn, I never knew that it existed.
So from downtown Paris we took the Metro and travelled under the city for most of the way, with the last few miles being above ground. It's easy now...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Paris has also been a city of hate and death

Posted 06-21-2013 at 09:23 AM by Fortoggie

Any big city is many things to many people and Paris seems to lead the way. Some of the places now visited as tourists attractions, were once killing fields. There was a time when all the Jews were rounded up and sent out of the country. It seems that the Jewish bankers had loaned King Louis the IX a lot of money to wage his wars and to build his imposing buildings and he couldn't pay them back.
After thinking about it for a year or two, the King came up with an answer. He got the Catholic...
Posted in Uncategorized