Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Fortoggie
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Happy
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.

Good News For A Change!

Posted 12-18-2014 at 04:31 AM by Fortoggie

Was happy to hear yesterday that the President had restored relations with Cuba. This is a great accomplishment that has needed to be done for 30 years or more. Now 11 million people on a nice piece of land the size of Pennsylvania will add to our economy while they rebuild their own. Many American companies have billions in reserve and will be eager to finance Cuba's rebirth. For a change it will be interesting and encouraging to see a nation rebuilt rather than see them bombed to smithereens....
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

On What Made the Difference: Turning Eighty.

Posted 09-29-2014 at 05:40 PM by Fortoggie

On the event's leading up to my eightieth! Born in the great depression the memory has lingered there like a caged lion; an occasional roar and a slap at the bars has kept me uneasy all these years. Then a reminder that the discovery of penicillin and the polio vaccine made it possible for me to hear the Lion roar. The thunder of WWII, kept me from becoming arrogant, while the demand for labor after the war allowed me to start my adult life with a bang.
Along the way I came to realize that...
Old

It's Safe to Turn Right on Red

Posted 06-25-2014 at 11:55 AM by Fortoggie

One meaning of freedom is being freer to do things without punishment. About 40 years ago the law regarding, stop-turn-right-on-red, was relaxed. Before that it was against the law to turn right on red no matter how clear the traffic was. Policemen would fill their quota of tickets by watching for this infraction of the law, across the country, millions in traffic fines were collected. But then in certain cities they begin to experiment by letting drivers, stop look and if no one was coming turn...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

The Future is Looking Up

Posted 01-10-2014 at 09:16 AM by Fortoggie

An AP story is running today that every young person should ponder over. It says that Airlines are on the largest jet-buying spree in aviation history. Think about that, it tells where the world is going and where the economy is going in the next few years. In short its going up, up and away. You and I don't have the resources to study the future like they do so we have to learn to look over their shoulders. Now, 24 of those huge planes are being produced every week; extrapolate out how that impacts...
Posted in News, Happy
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Pope Francis

Posted 12-16-2013 at 09:45 AM by Fortoggie

I Have spent several hours now reading about Pope Francis in this issue of Time. He tells priests to feed the sheep, to think of themselves as servants and comforters to people who are hurting; to render communion as spiritual nourishment and not as a prize for
perfection. There is no doubt but what Catholics have deep systemic problems but when you really think about it, so do protestant denominations as well.
Only about 3 percent of the people in this area are Catholics and that...