Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Blondebaerde
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Weird
Old

On Relationships and Pseudo-Psychopathy

Posted 07-04-2015 at 11:43 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 08-08-2015 at 07:33 AM by Blondebaerde

I'm a strange cat, and love it. Normal straight-arrow types are simply so boring. I appear that way, to some, but in-reality...

Was reading about dysfunctional relationships again. Not that I particularly seek out the subject, but I do find it interesting to understand where relationships go right, and wrong. A pattern emerges, something I tend to gravitate toward, which to me indicates observer-bias (we seek what we find interesting, or some might say such stuff seeks us)....
Big Data
Posted in Weird
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

On the Greek Crisis, Mid to Late June 2015: the End Cometh Nigh

Posted 06-16-2015 at 11:51 AM by Blondebaerde
Updated 06-28-2015 at 07:40 PM by Blondebaerde

Blondebearde's Pocket Observation Collection, Greek Euro Crisis (Ongoing)

2015/06/28: Last Entry in This Series, Late PM Sunday:

(Caveat: I am not advocating violence against property, or heaven forbid people! Period, end of story!)

But I can see where this Greek thing is going. It's been a busy weekend, and I'm watching with lurid interest since capital controls have been declared, with all the uncertainties and chaos that will cause as-yet to be determined.
Big Data
Posted in News, Weird
Old

ON: What to do--offer rescinded after I quit my old job

Posted 04-27-2015 at 01:12 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 06-01-2015 at 09:15 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Wrong way around.

The government is being bought up by big business, and as much as certain extremists hate "duh evil gubermint," I find it laughable how quickly they'll sell out to big business... even though it is even more corrupt and can't even be voted out of office. Remember, government is evil because of the power it has, but corporations - who write the laws and can't be voted out of office - are just great! Right...

I'm very tired of the "big
Big Data
Posted in Weird
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Several College "Buddies," Where Are They Now...?

Posted 11-26-2014 at 07:58 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 05-26-2016 at 11:00 PM by Blondebaerde

I occasionally wonder why I don't talk to the few good pals I had in college. "None of them," to be exact. Of my (non) inner-circle of pals, I see from LinkedIn some are doing quite well, others disappeared. About several in particular:

One is doing well, last I heard, as a professional geologist in the Los Angeles area. He was OK, and thought-same of me. We parted ways maybe twenty years ago on agreeable terms. So that's something. He's got a family and...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (92.2 KB, 9 views)
Big Data
Posted in Weird
Old

ON: Hey, ET...Where Are Youuuuu?

Posted 04-01-2014 at 10:38 AM by Blondebaerde
Updated 04-02-2014 at 05:18 PM by Blondebaerde (Self-filed under "Weird.")

Now I'm in a bit of a mood today, and thinking on the Fermi Paradox. Short version, apocryphally attributed to a question posed by Enrico Fermi in the 1940s: "Where are they? Aliens, that is. If they are out there, we should have heard from them (or seen them) by now and in a grand fashion, given age of the universe and ability to cross interstellar distances given sufficient time!"

There does not appear to be much credible evidence for aliens here on Earth. If you disagree,...
Big Data
Posted in Weird