Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 08:02 PM

43 posts, read 107,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey48 View Post
Just looking for info, neighborhood info. Most likely Nampa, Caldwell. Seems Ada county a bit pricey for me.

I am looking to buy Max $150,000. Single family 1250-1600 sq ft. full 400+ sq foot garage, fireplace a plus.

Close to shopping.

Curious about utility costs on a home this size. Only 1 person and retired so will be home a good deal of the time.

water, garbage, gas/electric. tv/phone internet, home security etc.

Limited income so this is important info to me.

May move 3/2016.

Thanks
Bill

Hello,

I live in Caldwell and I have a newer home (built in 2011). it is 1400 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath. Back in the day (2011) we paid $100,000 for it and now it is worth somewhere in the 125,000 to 140,000 range depending on who you believe. We are in the Woodgate sub in east Caldwell.

I average about $40/month each for power and gas. Power is more expensive from May - Oct. and less from Nov - April. Gas is the reverse of that.

Water Sewer and Trash is one bill from the City of Caldwell and runs on average around $40 per month for all 3.

My home security is about $50 per month, but that all depends on who you go thru and what service you get.

I am 10 min to Sportsmans, Costco, Walmart and Winco and 2 miles from the interstate.

I don't have a home phone, but my internet is $47 per month for 20 mb/s thru Centurylink. My neighbor has Cable one with 50 or 100 mb/s, so I know it is available.

I think I pay around $50/ month for Dish Network.

Good luck!

Gabe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 07:05 PM

8 posts, read 7,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwin13 View Post
Hello,

I live in Caldwell and I have a newer home (built in 2011). it is 1400 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath. Back in the day (2011) we paid $100,000 for it and now it is worth somewhere in the 125,000 to 140,000 range depending on who you believe. We are in the Woodgate sub in east Caldwell.

I average about $40/month each for power and gas. Power is more expensive from May - Oct. and less from Nov - April. Gas is the reverse of that.

Water Sewer and Trash is one bill from the City of Caldwell and runs on average around $40 per month for all 3.

My home security is about $50 per month, but that all depends on who you go thru and what service you get.

I am 10 min to Sportsmans, Costco, Walmart and Winco and 2 miles from the interstate.

I don't have a home phone, but my internet is $47 per month for 20 mb/s thru Centurylink. My neighbor has Cable one with 50 or 100 mb/s, so I know it is available.

I think I pay around $50/ month for Dish Network.

Good luck!

Gabe

Thanks for the great info.
The home I am looking at was built in 2013, (1573 Sq Ft) in the Fieldcrest sub.
Looks like it is about 2 miles to Walmart, 4+ miles to Costco, Target

Main downside no rear/side fencing or sod.

Thanks again

Old 01-16-2016, 02:59 PM

818 posts, read 1,068,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey48 View Post
...The home I am looking at...Main downside no rear/side fencing or sod.
Thanks again
Keep in mind that your lender might have Streamlined 203k (rehab) loan options or other options that you can possibly add these to the mortgage so you can conserve cash at and after closing.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
Keep in mind that your lender might have Streamlined 203k (rehab) loan options or other options that you can possibly add these to the mortgage so you can conserve cash at and after closing.
Can that be done on a home less then 2 years old? Current owner was either lazy or did not have the money
for the back yard.

Will need to find some one for fencing, sod and gravel. But at a a reasonable price.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:31 PM

818 posts, read 1,068,278 times
Yes, you can definitely do it on a two year old home. On new home sales, typically the builder only puts in the front yard and the buyer sometimes didn't realize the cost of adding window treatments, furnishings, etc., so they take much longer than expected to finish up the yard.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
Yes, you can definitely do it on a two year old home. On new home sales, typically the builder only puts in the front yard and the buyer sometimes didn't realize the cost of adding window treatments, furnishings, etc., so they take much longer than expected to finish up the yard.
I guess I will find out. Home is supposed to close mid Feb.

I guess the only thing that concerns me is that the appraisal came back with my offer amount. Higher or a little lower maybe, but the exact amount?

I have heard read stories that some appraisers were in the pocket of a mortgage company and would come up with any amount the lender needed to get the loan thru.

I do NOT think that is a concern here. The same new home is $12000+ more $$ but without the installed upgrades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area