Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM

364 posts, read 618,407 times

Advertisements

My business in Texas is hopefully a few months away from being sold and we are planning on moving to the Boise area in 08. Since I last checked in here last fall it would seem the crash there continues. The Idaho statesman's article about foreclosures in Eagle was especially interesting.

So how is the market there now? According to the article 800k houses are going for under 500k?

Our house in paid for here and selling it is not a problem. One of the few nice things about living in Texas is the housing appreciation madness never really hit us. My house actually went up 4% this year, go figure.

Anyway, we are looking to retire there so we are more interested in location location location with a great view view view then anything.

Appreciate any help or advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 02:33 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,903,286 times
Values are holding steady and in fact increasing in most of Boise city limits especially the closer to downtown you get. The values in the suburban areas, Meridian/ Eagle, Nampa/Caldwell have capped and in some cased fallen a bit, more in certain areas than others. There hasn't really been a crash here compared to the rest of the nation, more like a slowdown.
We keep hearing from the real estates pros that the market here in the Boise area, which is still one of the best in the nation, is poised to gain speed once again later this year into 2009. Time will tell.
I think it is an excellent time to buy and invest in Boise mainly because Boise will always be a good investment and attractive city to invest in

Old 03-08-2008, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,805 times
Katera - I'm a native Texan and just made the same move in 2006. The market has pulled back quite a bit, but I think prices are still headed a bit lower before we reach equilibrium. I chose to live in Southeast Boise, near the river - Location, Location, Location

Old 03-08-2008, 01:21 PM

222 posts, read 863,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtrPlt View Post
I chose to live in Southeast Boise, near the river - Location, Location, Location
Southeast Boise, especially east of Broadway, has far less traffic than the other areas. Eagle Rd aka SH-55 is gridlocked at times, and it so happens that the population center is right at the junction of Eagle Rd/Fairview Ave.

That said, we're looking to put our house on the market in two more years when our younger daughter graduates from high school. We're going to downsize and relocate elsewhere, but *where* is the big question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area