Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 11:30 PM

149 posts, read 175,485 times

Advertisements

We are looking at buying a house near church , which means Caldwell area... Any areas we should absolutely avoid in Caldwell due to possible high crime rate area etc... Any advice will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 02:19 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,276,722 times
Mmm. Take a day or two to drive around and you'll know. It doesn't take much time really to see it all.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Mmm. Take a day or two to drive around and you'll know. It doesn't take much time really to see it all.
Thank you... Will be going there soon... Just thought may be someone who lives there give approximate really bad areas we should avoid.

Last edited by volosong; 06-12-2017 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: fixed ending quote hypertag

Old 06-12-2017, 07:30 AM

33 posts, read 45,923 times
Overall Caldwell isn't as bad as everyone says. It's improved significantly in recent years. Near the college is nice, but once you get about a mile away in any direction, the neighborhoods quickly become ghetto. Most of the area near the Boulevard/Wal-Mart/train tracks are pretty seedy. Generally south Caldwell, especially out towards the lake, is upper-middle class with some very beautiful homes on the northern lake shore.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:41 PM

Thank you , Idaho945!
I will keep this in mind...!

Old 06-14-2017, 01:53 AM

818 posts, read 1,067,351 times
I suggest checking the Caldwell City Police Dept and Canyon County Sheriff website(s). Keep in mind this will depend greatly on the price range you are looking in. For example, wouldn't a person thinking of buying a $500k home think a $250k home neighborhood is "seedy"?

I have family members and clients that live in Caldwell and LOVE IT. I have other clients that fear what they read online and are afraid to drive there. I have no problem showing / selling / buying properties in Caldwell!

When you drive around, look for how local people live, if they aren't scared, you shouldn't be either!

Hope this helps, Jim.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
I suggest checking the Caldwell City Police Dept and Canyon County Sheriff website(s). Keep in mind this will depend greatly on the price range you are looking in. For example, wouldn't a person thinking of buying a $500k home think a $250k home neighborhood is "seedy"?

I have family members and clients that live in Caldwell and LOVE IT. I have other clients that fear what they read online and are afraid to drive there. I have no problem showing / selling / buying properties in Caldwell!

When you drive around, look for how local people live, if they aren't scared, you shouldn't be either!

Hope this helps, Jim.

Thanks a lot for your advice! I will take it in consideration!

Old 06-20-2017, 04:58 PM

818 posts, read 1,067,351 times
As you look around the neighborhoods, look to see if the cars in the neighborhood resemble yours or if they are all missing two tires and on jacks in the driveway. Look to see if kids are playing outside. Hang out at the corner gas station and look at who is shopping there. If you look like you could get along with the people shopping locally, you might want to be a local. Don't use this test at a local super store as they pull people in for miles and don't give you a true read on the neighborhood.

Unfortunately, due to some Realtors that have "steered" people toward or away from neighborhoods, Realtors are not allowed to make subjective statements regarding good and bad _____ (neighborhoods, schools, areas, etc.)______. The price range you are looking in will also help narrow down your neighborhoods to compare. Don't hesitate to drive the back roads to see what the neighborhood looks like off the main streets. You will find our area is kind of a patch work quilt with a huge variety within a square mile.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:38 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Definitely avoid Kcid Road.

Dead bodies found in Canyon County house investigated as homicide | Idaho Statesman

Old 06-20-2017, 11:34 PM

Thank you, Idaho broker and Lilly!
It is all about church,,,, We want to be close to church. Our people tend to live close to each other to have a tight -knit community. I personally would probably prefer to live in Emmett, or New Plymouth. We are going to tour Caldwell area next week... Will take all your advice into consioderation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area