Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 10:54 AM

2,045 posts, read 786,508 times

Advertisements

There's one BIG reason the wife and I will retire to Boise someday ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 12:29 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
There's one BIG reason the wife and I will retire to Boise someday ...
And what reason is that?

Old 11-13-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Interesting reading here on aggressive driving. Yes, more traffic in certain areas increases this so called road rage. I think many may be missing one other factor. Covid. People are angry that covid has slowed everything down, made it difficult to go to work, and just an unsettling atmosphere. Most people can adjust but some are angry and it plays out on the roads.
Aggressive driving is all over. I got to encounter it in Atlanta, Chattanooga, Huntsville, and Knoxville. I've found myself getting quite angry behind the wheel.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:09 AM

1,071 posts, read 791,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
Money has been tight in Idaho for lot's of folks. It's really a poor state with miserable government wages to it's working folks. Business is hard here to get established.
Is Idaho really a poor state? If you sort the US States by poverty rate, Idaho is middle of the pack at 23 and ranks better than both NY and CA.

Things are even better for Idaho with the Supplemental Poverty Rate, which takes into account things like cost of living. By this metric Idaho has below average poverty compared to the rest of the nation, whereas California (often viewed as the wealthiest state) has the highest poverty rate.

Last edited by AnythingOutdoors; 11-14-2022 at 09:18 AM..

Old 11-14-2022, 02:42 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Do many people have saunas at home in Boise? In the Northwoods that is a common thing to have.
I don't think so.
My parent's home had one, but only because my Dad loved to sauna; it helped his lifelong arthritis pain.

That was the only house I've known that had one. It was first just a storage closet in the basement.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't think so.
My parent's home had one, but only because my Dad loved to sauna; it helped his lifelong arthritis pain.

That was the only house I've known that had one. It was first just a storage closet in the basement.
In America, sauna might be more popular in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and northern Minnesota.

Old 11-18-2022, 11:24 AM

As more people move to smaller size cities, this is going to raise prices for many cities. This includes Boise.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:38 PM

I went to Facebook today and came across an article from Golden Apple. It talked about the best place in each state. For Idaho, the Highlands neighborhood in Boise was mentioned. A national forest nearby, golfing, etc.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:13 PM

820 posts, read 1,069,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Do many people have saunas at home in Boise? In the Northwoods that is a common thing to have.
No, sauna's are not that common in Boise. I just checked the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and only found reference to "Sauna" in 484 listings in over 20 years in Ada County. Currently there are only 9 properties for sale in Ada County with a Sauna and that includes a few communities that have them as part of their HOA's.

Because our climate is such a "dry heat" (lack of humidity) some people refer living in Boise in the summer as like living in a Sauna.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
No, sauna's are not that common in Boise. I just checked the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and only found reference to "Sauna" in 484 listings in over 20 years in Ada County. Currently there are only 9 properties for sale in Ada County with a Sauna and that includes a few communities that have them as part of their HOA's.

Because our climate is such a "dry heat" (lack of humidity) some people refer living in Boise in the summer as like living in a Sauna.
I live in Alabama. Alabama from April through early September is basically like living in a sauna. Boise's dry heat would be like paradise in comparison.

As for a Sauna, I figure with the right stuff, one could be built, depending on what the rules are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: