Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:46 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times

Advertisements

Sorry Boisefan88, but Boise's measly 2600 ft. elevation has nothing to do with why it feels hotter here than they say it is. Do the math: 2600 ft. in proportion to the 93 million mile distance from the sun is negligible. Besides, real cities of elevation like Flagstaff and Prescott feel cooler than the posted temp because of breezes and thinner air which holds less humidity. NO--this conspiracy to cover up global warming is real. Example: as I type this the TV says it is 82 outside. My backyard thermometer--in the shade--says 88. Boise TV and radio meteorologists have been forced to participate in this global warming cover-up which is for some reason hitting Boise harder than other places. YOu think I'm kidding but this is the real deal. You will see in time--our city is frying. Do the experiment yourself, but make sure you don't purchase a thermometer that has been made in the u.s.a. because the mercury solution in the glass tube has been altered so as to reflect a 10-15% lower than actual temp. The electronic thermometer's have also been altered. Again--Boise is baking! Don't move here!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 02:59 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Sorry Boisefan88, but Boise's measly 2600 ft. elevation has nothing to do with why it feels hotter here than they say it is. Do the math: 2600 ft. in proportion to the 93 million mile distance from the sun is negligible. Besides, real cities of elevation like Flagstaff and Prescott feel cooler than the posted temp because of breezes and thinner air which holds less humidity. NO--this conspiracy to cover up global warming is real. Example: as I type this the TV says it is 82 outside. My backyard thermometer--in the shade--says 88. Boise TV and radio meteorologists have been forced to participate in this global warming cover-up which is for some reason hitting Boise harder than other places. YOu think I'm kidding but this is the real deal. You will see in time--our city is frying. Do the experiment yourself, but make sure you don't purchase a thermometer that has been made in the u.s.a. because the mercury solution in the glass tube has been altered so as to reflect a 10-15% lower than actual temp. The electronic thermometer's have also been altered. Again--Boise is baking! Don't move here!!!!

So, in your most humble opinion why is Global Warming affecting Boise more than other places? So, as soon as you leave the Treasure Valley and head West or East the Global Warming, if a person believes in it is less extreme??? Is there a direct Global Warming Funnell from the sun that perfectly fits over the valley???
The last sentence of your post I find kind of distrubing "Don't Move here!!!".
To me that sums up the whole point of your post(s). You are anti growth?
If that is the case it is all good because you are still a son or daughter of God.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:01 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
So, in your most humble opinion why is Global Warming affecting Boise more than other places? So, as soon as you leave the Treasure Valley and head West or East the Global Warming, if a person believes in it is less extreme??? Is there a direct Global Warming Funnell from the sun that perfectly fits over the valley???
The last sentence of your post I find kind of distrubing "Don't Move here!!!".
To me that sums up the whole point of your post(s). You are anti growth?
If that is the case it is all good because you are still a son or daughter of God.
Yeah, I agree that was kinda a bizarre post. The science behind global warming observes many more variables than temperature, so it would seem an odd route for a cover-up to alter thermometers. The real cover-up are the political cronies who bully scientists and fabricate information. Many areas are actually going to become colder in the wake of worst case climate change scenarios, too, so in those cases such a doctored thermometer would support the evidence. Really, anybody who uses a mere thermometer to prove or disprove global warming is only showing absolutely no conception of the science behind it. For example, I have to scoff every time some dumb hicks say they'll be happier with warmer weather. The warming just refers to an initial stage of the whole cycle, one that arguably is sped up (not caused) by human infrastructures.

As for anti-growth folks... as I've stated before, I sympathize with them as long as they don't pull Idahoans' reputation as a people into that mix.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 AM

6 posts, read 13,991 times
Quote:

I am picking up on some SERIOUS sarcasm. I also find that some people that love where they live don't necessarily want the secret of how cool it is to get out because otherwise you get a bunch of people moving there that might ruin it for everyone. I get it...I think.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:39 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,417 times
I am over worring about the Idaho weather.
The state has a bit of everything and I know the website for Bass Pro shops and a great sporting goods store right in Emmett. Cold to hot is covered.
I can't wait to sizzle on a hot summer day flopping around in the payette river.
I can see it now,,, Me laying on the beach, college girls splashing water on me trying to save an endangerd Baluga... Oh thank you girls

Old 05-23-2009, 06:11 PM

306 posts, read 1,248,102 times
Global warming COVER-UP?!

I'm speechless ...

Old 05-24-2009, 12:51 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
I'll attempt to address some of your questions: As far as why global warming is affecting Boise harder than some other areas? Well, though I have a strong science background I'm not a meteorologist, but I would surmise that the fact we are actually considered high desert and are semi-enclosed by mountains may be factors!
Am I anti-growth? Usually no, but the influx of yuppie-scum Californians over the past ten years has gotten ridiculous, so now I am. This has nothing to do with my statements about the global warming coverup. I'm assuming that most people who read these posts have lived in Boise less than 10 years. So go ahead and ask some old timers how the weather used to be. Ask them if it used to snow more. GO ahead. And how many record highs have been set over the past five or six years? Why don't the media talk about this? Please, experiment yourself as I mentioned before with your own thermometers; compare your reading with what they SAY it is. Just make sure you get a thermometer manufactured before 2005 when the government began ordering alteration of the mercury solution so as to skew actual temp. When all this conspiracy stuff comes out in about two or three years, all I ask is that you guys remember where you heard it first!
And if I am making this all up, why did the "men in black" from NOAA track my ID through my e-mail name and pay me a visit three weeks ago in my North End home? Go ahead, laugh now, guys.
Peace. And uh......stay cool.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,653 times
That's a first.

"The NOAA is after me!"

I think most can agree winters have been milder in recent years...so no argument there. But the conspiracy? Not sure.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:27 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,417 times
Milder winters ????

I thought the last 2 years were the most snow on record in Idaho ??

I can go with the Global warming but hasn't it warmed in cycles over the last million years or so ??
I tend to lean twords the " Just a natural cycle of the Earth " Idea.

10000 years ago when the ice melted that formed the Great Lakes you think there were some Cavemen that blamed it on too many other Caveman campfires ???

Old 05-24-2009, 04:50 PM

306 posts, read 1,248,102 times
Quote:
.... the influx of yuppie-scum Californians over the past ten years has gotten ridiculous ...
I resent that statement.

I am not yuppy-scum ...
I'm a bit more like ... hippy-syrup
My husband is a cowboy of sorts and he's more like ... Tabasco sauce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area