Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 PM

112 posts, read 229,647 times

Advertisements

Drummerboy, Growth is good in most cases, and if it is not a so called "Californian" coming in to your area, it is going to be someone else. Needless to say the effects of growth and the housing bubble were inevitable with these banks lending money to just about anyone that had a pulse, and the homebuilders there to provide the housing to help the fuel the demand.

I think that your comment about the Association of Realtors and Realtors themselves creating the problem in the housing market is incorrect in fact I feel that very little was done to affect the inflation. Lobbying for dereguation in intertest rates isn't going to change much in the way of purchasing a home if people still had to "qualify" for loans like they did back in the 70's-80's and 90's and today. The real culprite behind this are the banks, and wall street, for their carlessness on guidelines which got progressively worse as the years went on. Due to an appreciating housing market and little borrowers going into default. The rating companies rated these subprime loans incorrectly causing more "investors" to purchase these loans, which led to severe spreading of bad debt throughout the global financial system. (You see, rating bad loans as good loans, causes institutions to buy them which normally would not have happened had things been done with care). Unfortunately the effects of this were not seen until 10+ years later. When Buyer's finally felt the pinch that homes were ridiculously priced, they backed off which caused the downturn and where we all sit today.

I am simply looking to reloacte to an area that has good quality of life, reasonable living expenses, a comfortable climate, and safe environment. I and most people who are "infiltrating" your space are not there to harm your state, but rather looking for a comfortable place to make a living and support a family. Growth and expansion are inevitible and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 04:36 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
His originality is astonishing.
My thoughts exactly

Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Double post in a separate thread?
I deleted it, but left up your reply since there is now relevant data below it.

But (and this is for EVERYONE) let's either return to the OP's topic or start a new thread to discuss this different topic.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 PM

112 posts, read 229,647 times
AMEN to that... I and everyone else is looking for helpful insight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area