Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:10 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times

Advertisements

Just got the second and third volume from Amazone. Too bad there's not enough time to read more every day buhu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 06:10 AM

266 posts, read 866,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Yummy.. yummy... can't wait fer the next book

I'm pulling for Sookie & Eric because their chemistry is great but I think Sam is a better match.
Well i have only finished the second book but i don't think sam is the man for sookie. I think he is the easy choice though since people respect him and since he is a shapeshifter he can understand sookies gift.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:15 AM

9,762 posts, read 3,415,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight61108 View Post
Well i have only finished the second book but i don't think sam is the man for sookie. I think he is the easy choice though since people respect him and since he is a shapeshifter he can understand sookies gift.
Interesting.. well... keep me updated as you read the series I think they're a good match for example because they have an easy rapport.. seems like there's always a problem between her and other men.. too up and down. That's hard to sustain over time, imo.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Interesting.. well... keep me updated as you read the series I think they're a good match for example because they have an easy rapport.. seems like there's always a problem between her and other men.. too up and down. That's hard to sustain over time, imo.
Thats true. But i think it just makes for a more interesting story with sookie being with a vampire. Besides the fact that sam is a shape shifter and sookie is a telepath,I just think it would be boring. Sookie needs some excitement (or at least i want to read about all of her excitement hehe)!

Old 04-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Thats true. But i think it just makes for a more interesting story with sookie being with a vampire. Besides the fact that sam is a shape shifter and sookie is a telepath,I just think it would be boring. Sookie needs some excitement (or at least i want to read about all of her excitement hehe)!
Yeah.. I've said something similar in this thread, before.

Quote:
Yeah they are prob most compatible.. but I think (umm.. how do I say this) the chemistry between Eric & Sookie is the most interesting, lol.. for me anyway.

:-)
*Fingers crossed* she doesn't have to have all that figured out anywhere in the near future.. lol.

Anyone know when the next book in the series is supposed to drop?

Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah.. I've said something similar in this thread, before.

*Fingers crossed* she doesn't have to have all that figured out anywhere in the near future.. lol.

Anyone know when the next book in the series is supposed to drop?
So I have one more chapter before i finish up club dead ( my son woke up from his nap :-p) and I'm losing my faith in Bill. Eric is definitely an interesting character but now i really like Alcide. i sure wouldn't mind him popping up in future books.
Can anyone tell me how the true blood series is? I see its coming out on dvd soon so i plan on watching t but i am very curious how it compares to the books.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
So I have one more chapter before i finish up club dead ( my son woke up from his nap :-p) and I'm losing my faith in Bill. Eric is definitely an interesting character but now i really like Alcide. i sure wouldn't mind him popping up in future books.
Can anyone tell me how the true blood series is? I see its coming out on dvd soon so i plan on watching t but i am very curious how it compares to the books.
Well I don't have time to go into that now but I'll get back with ya if no one else does. I was feeling the same around where you're at.. but the story continues to develop Wish I could read it fresh all over again! Have a great Friday!

Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Okay.. I'll take a *bite* since no one's replied yet.

Well.. it's been about 6 months since it aired, right? Hmm... I liked it, lol. Like most interpretations of books, I don't think it's perfect.. there are a lot of things I would do differently. But you know what? I think they're def trying to put their own specific 'spin' on the book because they've taken a lot of liberties with the material and.. imo, it looks like it could be a good thing. The plot has changed a bit and it looks more streamlined in one aspect when compared with the book. Lol.. I'm prob not making a lot of sense right now. Anyways, I enjoyed the book and TV series. I like the actress who plays Sookie and the actor for Bill.. the actor who plays Eric hasn't done anything for me, as of yet. I hope that kink gets worked out as Eric has become one of the most interesting aspects of the series for me.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:10 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times
I really liked the first few books. I started disliking the story arc and Sookie a little more each book though.
She starts out as a "normal" girl with this "gift". Someone I can identify and sympathize with. But apparently that's not good enough. As the books progress its - more and more about she's so pretty, she has perfect breasts, EVERYONE wants to sleep with her in the worst way (well at least everyone but the boring bigoted humans no one would want to sleep with anyway). She's really really special despite all her internal whining about how she just wants normal (which now that she's learned to shield wouldn't be that hard but she doesn't make the effort). Then at the end all this is apparently not good enough, that she have a little plain fairy in her, she has to have the oldest most special Prince of Fairy as a great grandfather. So now she's one of the few telepath's in the world, gorgeous, beyond sexually enticing and has one of the most powerful great grandfathers in all the supe world.
I can't identify with her anymore. She's just too precious and beyond irritating.
Almost identical story arc as Hamilton's Anita Blake series where Anita ends up sleeping with one of each creature, becomes Queen or packleader of everybody everything (oh wait, Sookie's a pack friend too). Gack.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I really liked the first few books. I started disliking the story arc and Sookie a little more each book though.......
Geez.. lady... you know you're ruining the story for those who haven't read it yet. A little spoiler alert or maybe coloring the important text white would be helpful! I haven't even read the whole Anita Blake series, yet.

Last edited by FlaGrrrl; 05-02-2009 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: Edited quote for spoilers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books