Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,921,261 times

Advertisements

Can't wait to see how they'll do the fight scene in the movie. I wish Stephenie put more action in that scene so it will be exciting to watch on-screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 PM

89 posts, read 201,702 times
Yeah, I cry over anything too and I don't like books with sad endings. Many of my friends do. I cried a lot during New Moon though and made it through... :]

You may want to watch the movie of Time Traveler's Wife, that way you will know what you are getting into. Plus you will know that the book is way better.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:06 PM

89 posts, read 201,702 times
That's true, there wasn't much action in the fight scene was there? I am pretty relieved about that on a story level but I guess it would've made for a better movie... I think watching Bella's power shield will be cool... But we can't talk about that too much now because JC Mom hasn't gotten to that part yet... ;]

Old 08-04-2009, 09:00 AM

821 posts, read 2,037,871 times
LOL - thanks for trying not to give to much of the story away since I 'm probably the last person on earth who hasnt finished the series...LOL

I'm proud to say that I finished the book and now can agree with you guys the book ended great sad to have it end though I would love another book maybe showing how Nessie and Jacobs bond grows and her trials and a human/vampire child/adult....

Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 AM

821 posts, read 2,037,871 times
Has anyone one read the sookie stackhouse books - the ones that the HBO show True blood was based on????

Old 08-13-2009, 10:07 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
The Sookie books are pretty fun--they're smart and funny and warm. I actually like the books more than the TV show.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:58 PM

260 posts, read 946,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLariss View Post
My husband doesn't like to read either. He actually takes it as an insult if I pull out a book while he is still in the room. Thinks it means I think he is boring! Haha! Anyway....

I love this series so much! I wasn't expecting that at all. I read the first book because a friend gave it to me and I didn't want to be rude. Plus, a book sitting around that I haven't read! How could I pass it up? Anyway, I read the first two the first week, bought the second two over the weekend and finished them up the next week. Mostly just sat around on the weekend and read. Lucky for my husband he worked those weekends.... I forgot to eat because I was so engrossed. I lost 5 pounds! Ok, that is actually embarrassing to admit...

What I am trying to say is I definitely feel your obsession with this series. I do have to say though that I liked this last book the least out of the series. It seemed darker and more 'vampirey' to me. As opposed to a unique love story. What is your opinion so far?
OMG You did the same thing I did. I had been procrastinating about watching the movie because people (over 30) kept telling me it was corney and a chick flick, so one day I finally decided to get the movie and watch it by myself. I was hooked instantly!!! Went and got the 2nd and 3rd book right there and read them both in 3 days! I could not sleep and walked around holding the book to my nose. LMAO. My husband thought I was crazy. I got the 4th book last monday and was finisned by Wednesday. I am hooked! can't wait for the movies too.....that vampire guy got me hooked on watching the movie...what a handsome man! LMAO.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,376,345 times
Her book "The Host" is pretty good.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:14 PM

21 posts, read 52,268 times
I love it, love it, love it!! And they are so addicting! Another thing I noticed about them is they make you want to be a vampire..lol. I haven't read Breaking Dawn yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:16 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,171,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
I just stared reading the series less than 3 weeks ago and I'm so hooked I'm on the last book... I wish i didnt have to work so I could just read the book as day...

Any comment from anyone... My husband doesnt like to read... (I dont know how were still married LOL) so I thought I would express how much i like the series here
I LOVE the series, my best friend ~FlOriDa~gUrL~1283, got me into those books and I couldn't put them down until I was done with all of them! I am really big into James Patterson, so I didn't think the Twilight series would be for me, but I couldn't have been more wrong! I loved it and I'm so sad that it was such a short series!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books