Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:59 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,759 times

Advertisements

I just stared reading the series less than 3 weeks ago and I'm so hooked I'm on the last book... I wish i didnt have to work so I could just read the book as day...

Any comment from anyone... My husband doesnt like to read... (I dont know how were still married LOL) so I thought I would express how much i like the series here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 PM

89 posts, read 201,870 times
My husband doesn't like to read either. He actually takes it as an insult if I pull out a book while he is still in the room. Thinks it means I think he is boring! Haha! Anyway....

I love this series so much! I wasn't expecting that at all. I read the first book because a friend gave it to me and I didn't want to be rude. Plus, a book sitting around that I haven't read! How could I pass it up? Anyway, I read the first two the first week, bought the second two over the weekend and finished them up the next week. Mostly just sat around on the weekend and read. Lucky for my husband he worked those weekends.... I forgot to eat because I was so engrossed. I lost 5 pounds! Ok, that is actually embarrassing to admit...

What I am trying to say is I definitely feel your obsession with this series. I do have to say though that I liked this last book the least out of the series. It seemed darker and more 'vampirey' to me. As opposed to a unique love story. What is your opinion so far?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:24 AM

293 posts, read 893,711 times
Talking I've read the first book

I got curious, my wife already finished the fourth book, and she was so eager for wanting me to take her to watch this movie (when it first came out). Now she is waiting motionless for the fifth book.

So anywho, this pic pretty much sums it up for me.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5yu97c.jpg

Now reading New Dawn, and I don't know why?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
I just stared reading the series less than 3 weeks ago and I'm so hooked I'm on the last book... I wish i didnt have to work so I could just read the book as day...

Any comment from anyone... My husband doesnt like to read... (I dont know how were still married LOL) so I thought I would express how much i like the series here
I waded through the first three of these books, and I have to say I found the characters to be excessively whiny and narcissistic. I kept hoping they would improve, but after finishing the initial trilogy I was left with the feeling that I'd been cheated out of my time. I won't be reading any more of the story.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLariss View Post
My husband doesn't like to read either. He actually takes it as an insult if I pull out a book while he is still in the room. Thinks it means I think he is boring! Haha! Anyway....

I love this series so much! I wasn't expecting that at all. I read the first book because a friend gave it to me and I didn't want to be rude. Plus, a book sitting around that I haven't read! How could I pass it up? Anyway, I read the first two the first week, bought the second two over the weekend and finished them up the next week. Mostly just sat around on the weekend and read. Lucky for my husband he worked those weekends.... I forgot to eat because I was so engrossed. I lost 5 pounds! Ok, that is actually embarrassing to admit...

What I am trying to say is I definitely feel your obsession with this series. I do have to say though that I liked this last book the least out of the series. It seemed darker and more 'vampirey' to me. As opposed to a unique love story. What is your opinion so far?
I know what you mean My husband bought me the third and fourth book and while he was driving I started to read the third book. He got so mad at me because I was totally ignoring him... LOL and I too never wanted to read the series I thought it was going to be too silly of a teen story and a friend kept telling me to read it so I did and i was so hooked she calls me every couple of days to see where I'm at in the story I would read on lunch at work cook as fast as I could when I got home and read until I fell asleep I would ready every moment I could... Yeah I know a little obsessed ... I'm currently up the the part where Bella just transformed... so I'll repost if i feel it was too vampiree when I'm done with the book... so far it is not.

I also heard that the Travellers wife is as good a book and a love story as deep as bella's and edwards have you read that one?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mysterious View Post
I got curious, my wife already finished the fourth book, and she was so eager for wanting me to take her to watch this movie (when it first came out). Now she is waiting motionless for the fifth book.

So anywho, this pic pretty much sums it up for me.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5yu97c.jpg

Now reading New Dawn, and I don't know why?

I didnt think there was going to be a fifth book now your going to make me do some research I would love a fifth book.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
I'm a fan of the series. I like the character development and I like the love story.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:29 AM

89 posts, read 201,870 times
Mr. Mysterious, LOVE the cartoon! Very funny! Hahaha! If your wife is waiting for Midnight Sun, which is Twilight from the perspective of Edward, I don't think it is going to be published because it was leaked before she could finish. She has all that she has completed on her website though so she can read it there.

JC Mom, if it doesn't feel dark and vampirey to you now, it probably never will. I actually liked the book a lot more once Bella got transformed. :]
I have read "the time travelers wife". It was pretty good. I didn't like it as much as many of my friends because there were some very sad parts that got to me more than them. It was worth it though. A good read. But I am very excited about the movie coming out!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 PM

114 posts, read 340,234 times
Bella drives me crazy. she's my least favorite character. I love the series though. Books 2 and 3 are my favorite.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM

well I'm pretty sappy and cry for anything so i dont know if I'm going to read the travelers wife now...LOL

what drove me nuts was Belle and Jacobs obession over each other and obivously I understand it a whole lot more now :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books