Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 03:31 PM

35 posts, read 160,737 times

Advertisements

Hello
I am coming to Northeastern University.I want to know :-

1. Which is the best cell phone service provider in Boston?
2. Which one is best for students (in terms of discounts and offers)?
3. Which contract is best 1 yr or 2 yr?

I would be using my phone for calling back home,texting friends,data Usage and local calls within boston as well as in other cities of US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:30 PM

39 posts, read 164,073 times
What matters more to you, price or quality? Verizon is hands down the best service in Boston and most of MA. I had AT&T and it worked decently well around the city but I had trouble getting service inside buildings (especially inside one of the NEU dorms I stayed in). TMobile is much cheaper but the service is iffy at times, and I've heard good things about Sprint being a balance of price and quality, but I have no experience with it.

And I would go with a 2 year contract. You usually save a bit of money, and you can get a nice phone for cheap if you sign up for one.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 PM

I want a good price and quality as well.
I browsed the sites of different service providers but I couldnt figure out which plan to chose.Plus I guess the mobile culture is way different here.
One more thing I was unable to find some models of mobile phone makes on the site of the service providers.How can I purchased those handsets through contract system?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:14 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,100,106 times
if you are on a budget as most students are Sprint will get you the most bang for your buck(they have plans with unlimited data,text,and any mobile anytime) and works well throughout the bay state.i have lived in both ends of the commonwealth and have never had a problem with Sprints service.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:47 PM

Sorry for being away.
I ended up buying ATT in the end.The reason being most of the students in my University particularly my department have ATT.So it comes cheap somehow like ATT to ATT is free.So I bought ATT. I am still using a free phone without dataplan as I did not find a good reason to buy a smartphone with useless dataplan provided by ATT as WiFi is available all around the campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: