Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times

Advertisements

I had a car stolen when parked down town. I found it a few blocks a way with all my stuff gone (the car was too much of piece of junk to keep I guess). The police didn't care. The last two times I've parked in Boston my car was broken into. Now, I park in Cambridge and take the T if I want to venture into the city on a weekend night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM

265 posts, read 1,063,451 times
I'm really shocked, because your car is old!
No words of comfort, just commiseration. I had my car stolen off a small street in a family neighborhood in Brighton in the 80s. Cops I went to couldn't have cared less. The whole thing was terrible.
I ended up leaving Boston a few years later but if I stayed I would have gotten the world's worst junkbox on 4 wheels, unless I had locked garage parking or something.
I hope yours turns up. I was sorry to hear it.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:00 PM

639 posts, read 3,527,348 times
This post was started 2 years ago. The person probably got a new car since then! In any case, I saw that Southie was mentioned here, well in all the years living there I never ever had any trouble with my car, not one ounce of trouble whatsoever. I wanted to make sure that you knew that I ended up moving out of state and a week later in my new location, right in my own driveway where you would NOT expect something or anything like this to happen. My radio was stolen right out of the car. I came out to the car the next morning and thought I was seeing things. The car door was open and the glass was everywhere, then I realized my radio was ripped right out of the dashboard. The cops were good in the town, they ended up finding the losers that did it about 2 weeks later. Still didn't get the radio back, but after that happened, I got the radio that you slip in and out. This happened a long time ago when every one in creation wanted the plaublank radio out of the Volkswagons.

Just be careful...take everything out of your car at night, everything that isn't screwed down and even then you're taking a chance. If I had to do it over again, I'd be right in the City again, in the neighborhood of Southie again but yet if I ever moved out of state again? I'd think twice about it where crime is just as bad if not WORSE in my book. I honestly have to tell you that I feel much safer being IN the City than I do being OUT of the city and especially out of state! I'm not kidding you either with this opinion, the crime is brutal in other areas right outside the various Cities in Mass.!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,404 times
I am the unfortunate TN man who's car was stolen march 19th off four points at sheraton parking lot near boston airport. Apart from police report I cant do anything as I live in PA and was visiting boston for 1st time in my life and I now will think twice before moving there for any reason. Some unsensless people stole my 1998 white honda civic ex couple with TN license plate 122 QXW. Please notify revere police if you seen someone driving it...help nab those worst kind of people in big cities who have no care for others feelings or emotions.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:35 PM

32 posts, read 78,673 times
Wow that sucks but it could happen anywhere unfortunately it happened to you in Boston.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,600 times
MY car was stolen on easter from lynn beach with my kids easter toys in the back.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,600 times
by the way, it was a blue 2000 honda civic. the police found a black honda parked next to it that was stolen from revere beach. who steals a car on easter while your playing on the beach with your kids??? It ruined their Easter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston