Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 10,140 times

Advertisements

Any Dutchies or Brazilians on the south shore that like to mountainbike, golf, barbeques, drink brazilian beer, eat stroopwafels, dutch cheese etc?
I am Dutch, 34 years old, married, working in Boston area as an expat and like to meet other Dutch or Brazilian people (preferably guys so my wife doesn't get jealous) to do fun stuff.
Drop me an email,
thanks, pj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM

414 posts, read 2,281,361 times
Hyannis has a pretty large Brazilian population for towns that are south of Boston. You may want to connect with the folks there.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:35 AM

48 posts, read 175,698 times
We are dutch and moving to acton in september. I t would be nice to meet more dutch people.
groetjes Micky

Old 08-31-2007, 03:27 AM

4 posts, read 15,986 times
Red face Another Dutch woman looking to meet other Dutch women in New England.

Hi Mickey,

We are also moving to the Boston Area. Not totally sure exactly when, but we have been driving around a lot 3 weeks ago and looked at places like, Andover, Windham (NH), Belmont, Concord etc. So far, we find it a little hard to choose but Belmont is on the top of our list.

Do you have any children and are you planning to stay for a long time or is it temporary? We have 2 little children and my husband is from the Boston Area.

Well, I will keep it a little short for now but it would be great to hear from you.

All the best with all the moving preparations. I know it can get quite crazy...

Old 08-31-2007, 03:49 AM

2 posts, read 7,468 times
Default Eric ABOUCAYA

Looking for Eric ABOUCAYA Sharon Massachusetts

Old 08-31-2007, 08:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times
I'm sorry, but I don't get people who move here from other countries and immediately start looking for people to meet from their home country. When I lived in Europe, I never would have gone out of my way to meet other Americans. What's the point in living in a foreign country if you're going to re-create home? I just don't understand this mentality.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:32 AM

48 posts, read 175,698 times
Movingforward, it's because of the langauge and we have a different kind of humour, social habits etc etc etc.
But it's also nice to talk your langauge once in awhile. I will be having contact with americans because where we live I don't think there are dutch people.
Maybe you don't understand this mentality but it fits me. And yes in a part I do agree with you if I would only have contact with dutch/ european people, but this will not be the case.
micky

Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 PM

9 posts, read 42,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't get people who move here from other countries and immediately start looking for people to meet from their home country. When I lived in Europe, I never would have gone out of my way to meet other Americans. What's the point in living in a foreign country if you're going to re-create home? I just don't understand this mentality.
There's nothing wrong w/looking for people w/similar interests... even if they are from your home country. It is understandable to want to know someone that can fully relate to you... when you are relocating having something that is familiar is always a comforting.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,440 times
You might have some luck fishing around in the (I don't know of any Dutch) but Brazilian newspapers for events where you could meet people. This site links to a bunch of ethnic news outlets in New England. Hope it helps.

New England Ethnic NEWz - Home

Old 09-29-2007, 09:29 AM

170 posts, read 847,266 times
As far as Brazilians go you shouldn't have any problems meeting them in the Boston area. I believe Framingham (fAHmingham ) has a sizable Brazilian population.

And being the son of immigrints ( Portuguese/Italian) I know how nice it is to be able to connect to people from your home country. If for nothing more than to practice your native tounge and chat about cultural things which would be alien to anybody else. At the same time some people take it too far and enclose themselves in a bubble, and that is not good to do.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but New Bedford has probably the largest Portuguese community in the country where many shops and bakeries have owners which only speak in Portuguese. I love going there so I can finally speak Portuguese to somebody other than my parents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston