Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 05:44 PM

25 posts, read 50,204 times

Advertisements

I need your input!
I want to spend up $900 a month H & HW STUDIO in or very close to Boston

I have a car & dont mind congestion.
I will work in Burlington, MA (the Burlington Mall)
and go to a local community college.
(I want to live near the North or West side of Boston)
Not anything too crime ridden and hopefully close to a T line.

Questions:

1) What city/neighborhood should I look into for what im looking for?

2) & Where to find them?

3) What local community college is not crumby but close to where I would live/work?

4) What's it like compared to OC/ Los Angeles,CA?

Input is needed locals

Last edited by jmpride05; 08-16-2007 at 06:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 05:58 AM

2,440 posts, read 4,839,810 times
I'd recommend Somerville. Don't know about the $900 rent ceiling--sounds a bit low for these days but maybe you'd find something. Otherwise, young adults rely on shared apartments which they find through Craigs list. Anyway, from Somerville you can get up to Burlington pretty easily, also to the Bunker Hill Community College in Charlestown. The western side of Somerville is full of young adults--look around Davis Sq., Teele Sq., Ball Sq. Powderhouse Circle. Eastern Somerville, closer to Charlestown, is more ethnic families, less of a young person's scene. Charlestown itself is nice but overall more expensive. There are buses from Somerville into Charlestown.

I don't think the Boston area compares at all with OC, from what little I've seen. More like older parts of LA but without the big city vibe. Boston is villagey--places like Charlestown are very villagey. Even boston proper seems like a collection of very distinct, somewhat separate neighborhoods.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:43 PM

630 posts, read 2,227,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpride05 View Post
I need your input!
I want to spend up $900 a month H & HW STUDIO in or very close to Boston

I have a car & dont mind congestion.
I will work in Burlington, MA (the Burlington Mall)
and go to a local community college.
(I want to live near the North or West side of Boston)
Not anything too crime ridden and hopefully close to a T line.

Questions:

1) What city/neighborhood should I look into for what im looking for?

2) & Where to find them?

3) What local community college is not crumby but close to where I would live/work?

4) What's it like compared to OC/ Los Angeles,CA?

Input is needed locals
I currently live in the OC area and will be moving mid-Oct to Bedford. My apartment is about 1 mile from the burlington mall. I may be looking for a roommate, I have a 2 bdr/2bath and I would be looking for 900. This is a new complex. I will be working in Lexington ... let me know what you think. I'm currently working on my move, that is expensive even though they will be paying for my move. Take care and best wishes

Old 08-23-2007, 01:02 PM

46 posts, read 229,464 times
We just got an apartment in Burington, MA.
2 bedroom/2 bath for 1495 a month.
The 1 bedrooms are a lot less than that I believe.

Stone Brook Farms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston