Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:51 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,485,155 times

Advertisements

I agree with Parsec... there are many smaller homes in Natick. The towns are similar. Key is knowing what is more important as you look. There is no perfect house.

another option is Framingham, many parts have very nice green space. However, the nicer part of town (North), the price is not low either and many are big houses. Ashland also has many nice areas.

Newton is desirable because of its location (easy access to Boston using T), nice green spaces (lots of parks), reasonable tax (since higher commercial tax base), and of course good test scores (smart kids and high pressure).

Wayland has high taxes because there are not too many commercial companies that they can tax on. Hence, most of the burden is on residents. Also, they just got approval for a new high school. Wayland is gaining popularity.. location to Rt90/Rt128... good test scores... known to be the school district that never close (very few snow days).

ps... I have no idea what Parsec was talking about being a heavyweight...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 01:15 PM

49 posts, read 254,086 times
I almost moved to Newton when I lived in Mass. It is a nice town. Excellent schools. Can't go wrong there.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:28 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,086,562 times
Natick schools are just so-so.

School district charges to bus the kids too---something to factor in when you look at homes there.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:46 AM

210 posts, read 671,383 times
Hi Chazyn. I'm also Jewish (does my name give me away?) and have looked in Natick. Although it may not turn out to be right for us geographically, my wife and I love the area.

Take a look at the northern part of town for modestly priced homes, or south Natick for new larger homes (right at the Wellesley border) for bigger homes if that's that you want.

Also... how old and what gender are those kids of yours? We have two girls, 7 and 11.

We've met an EXCELLENT broker if you need one, just send me a private message.

By the way, my wife's maiden name is similar to your screen name. We can discuss that by email as well.

Last edited by watamensch; 01-12-2008 at 08:18 AM..

Old 01-12-2008, 07:50 AM

967 posts, read 4,785,051 times
You might want to be careful about posting your email directly on the discussion forum. (see the administrator's caution about this below.) You can send a private message to someone with your email and that's probably a safer thing to do you don't end up with a ton of junk mail. :-)

It is a bad idea to post your email address or to make it public without scrambling it somehow - there are web crawlebelors gathering email address for spammers.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:18 AM

210 posts, read 671,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletfire View Post
You might want to be careful about posting your email directly on the discussion forum. (see the administrator's caution about this below.) You can send a private message to someone with your email and that's probably a safer thing to do you don't end up with a ton of junk mail. :-)

It is a bad idea to post your email address or to make it public without scrambling it somehow - there are web crawlebelors gathering email address for spammers.
REMOVED IT THANKS!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:12 PM

14 posts, read 59,565 times
Sorry i was awol from this board, but thanks for all your replies. Mench -- I'd rather stay anonymous for now, but I appreciate you reaching out. I think it will be Natick or Wayland. By the way, it costs money to bus my middle school kid to Newton schools too.

Any other comments about Natick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston