Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:50 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,571,080 times

Advertisements

came across this video and seems good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2JUQfoNv7I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 12:02 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,954,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Record View Post
Thank you. I don't mind being in the suburb because I don't need to be in the heart of everything. I prefer somewhere that when I get home its easy for me to relax and be at peace. However, I have to take the commute time into consideration because of work. Your description of North Quincy is quite appealing, I will have to look into the area and the travel time.
Welcome to Boston!

I think you have received some great advice from others so I am not going to repeat it. I do have a few recommendations for you:

- Before you sign a lease agreement, try to do a test run of your commute to the office, preferably during rush hour and you will get a true feel for things on a day to day basis. Boston is an amazing city that is attracting a lot of newcomers due to the great economy, cultural options. Unfortunately, this has led to overcrowding on the trains, and gridlock traffic delays on the roads. It all depends on what kind of commute is tolerable for you.
- For Reserve NOSC, I suspect that the closest one would be in Quincy. I know that Quincy has been mentioned here, however please note that if you plan on taking the train (red line > green line) please plan on delays, inconsistent service during rush hour. Similarly, if you choose to drive in, 93 is usually a parking lot in the mornings. Not looking to deter you, as Quincy is a rapidly improving community on the water with great transit, restaurant options.

Please come out for a visit. Walk the streets, get in contact with a real estate agent and definitely let us know if you have any additional questions.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:48 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,669,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Brookline. You can find a 1 bed with a parking space for $2500.
This would be my choice. If not Brookline, then I'd suggest Jamaica Plain. Cambridge, while physically close, is a PITA to commute to and from (unless you work in downtown Boston within walking distance of the Red Line). Since you'll work in the Back Bay, you'll want to minimize train changes and living along the Green Line (Brookline) or Orange Line (Jamaica Plain) are your best choices. Both go through the Back Bay.

Brookline has a lot to do, a great selection of restaurants, and many, many more apartment buildings than Jamaica Plain, so that's why it would be my choice for you. Additionally, it is beautiful pretty much year round (something that can't really be said for many parts of Boston).

Good luck with your new job; hope this has helped you.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:27 PM

11 posts, read 8,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Welcome to Boston!

I think you have received some great advice from others so I am not going to repeat it. I do have a few recommendations for you:

- Before you sign a lease agreement, try to do a test run of your commute to the office, preferably during rush hour and you will get a true feel for things on a day to day basis. Boston is an amazing city that is attracting a lot of newcomers due to the great economy, cultural options. Unfortunately, this has led to overcrowding on the trains, and gridlock traffic delays on the roads. It all depends on what kind of commute is tolerable for you.
- For Reserve NOSC, I suspect that the closest one would be in Quincy. I know that Quincy has been mentioned here, however please note that if you plan on taking the train (red line > green line) please plan on delays, inconsistent service during rush hour. Similarly, if you choose to drive in, 93 is usually a parking lot in the mornings. Not looking to deter you, as Quincy is a rapidly improving community on the water with great transit, restaurant options.

Please come out for a visit. Walk the streets, get in contact with a real estate agent and definitely let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you! I'm both excited and a bit nervous about the move. I have been researching apartments and noticed that the prices are increasing as it gets closer to June. I'm still looking though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston