Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 08:14 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,228 times

Advertisements

Anyone watch the game last night?

They are in trouble. Bergeron looks slow, and the decline happens quickly. Not too long ago, every team in the league would have had Backes on their first line. But he was suddenly a healthy scratch during the playoffs last year. I love Bergeron, but I fear he's slipping off the cliff.

They need secondary scoring. Coyle looked good last night (he always does), but they need more. They should have re-signed Johansson.

Is Sweeney responsible for the horrible drafts and lack of talent coming up?

If you did miss the game last night, the Bruins gave up four straight goals in the third and lost in the shootout. First shooter was Chris Wagner, which is another head-scratcher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 03:02 PM

2,942 posts, read 5,185,254 times
Keven Paul Dupont had a top story in today's Boston Globe sports section calling out Bruce Cassidy -- I assume on the loss in particular. Haven't read the story yet.

Good to see at least the local media is still tough when necessary.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:31 PM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Keven Paul Dupont had a top story in today's Boston Globe sports section calling out Bruce Cassidy -- I assume on the loss in particular. Haven't read the story yet.

Good to see at least the local media is still tough when necessary.
Atlantic is going to be a gauntlet. Everyone but the Red Wings or Senators have a shot. There might be 6-7 points between 1st place and a wildcard team.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:29 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
I haven't forgotten about you guys, I'm still watching from out here in Ohio. We are nearly 50 games in and the B's are 2nd in the NHL in points. Did anyone see this coming? I think they easily could have another 4-5 wins under their belt as well. Does this last going forward? Any updated predictions?

Old 01-18-2020, 10:34 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I haven't forgotten about you guys, I'm still watching from out here in Ohio. We are nearly 50 games in and the B's are 2nd in the NHL in points. Did anyone see this coming? I think they easily could have another 4-5 wins under their belt as well. Does this last going forward? Any updated predictions?
Since the Bs are 0-8 now on Shoutouts, I think thats a good sign. Because in the playoffs, there's no shoutouts. So that may be a good thing? But the 2-4 regular Overtime record is iffy.

I think they have a good shot at the Cup. But Tampa is really on fire right now...

Old 01-19-2020, 10:52 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Since the Bs are 0-8 now on Shoutouts, I think thats a good sign. Because in the playoffs, there's no shoutouts. So that may be a good thing? But the 2-4 regular Overtime record is iffy.

I think they have a good shot at the Cup. But Tampa is really on fire right now...
After seeing Tampa in the playoffs last year, I'm not really a believer in them. Though maybe they have learned for this time around.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
After seeing Tampa in the playoffs last year, I'm not really a believer in them. Though maybe they have learned for this time around.
Yeah exactly... they arent a 'playoff' team. I find them to skate and pretty circles and be less tough on the ice which definitely costs them in the playoffs.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:36 AM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
I wouldn't call myself a "believer" in Tampa, but I do have a hard time imagining that a team that talented will have a repeat performance of last year. Stranger things have happened, but they have got to have a chip on their shoulders, and I'd imagine a much better run this year.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:20 PM

Hopefully this break helped them good. Jets on Friday will be a tough game...

Old 02-03-2020, 11:14 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,228 times
They punched the Jets in the mouth, literally, and then trounced the Wild. I still think they need more, but maybe it's coming from within their own system? Everyone they roll out has impressed me, but it's a revolving door.

Maybe they'll go for Toffoli or Kreider, but I hope they don't give up much. I'd prefer a cheap Toffoli over an expensive Kreider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston