Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 02:51 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,068,085 times

Advertisements

You're not wrong about India, light skin and especially white privilege absolutely exists there. Unlike here, where being white according to our very racist, white colonizer-detesting leading anti-racism expert makes you a racist unless you're actively proving you're anti-racist by self-flagellating at least 10 times a day, admitting your personal role in global proliferation and perpetuation of slavery and white supremacy and setting up a recurring donation of at least $500 to #BLM so their leaders can get even bigger mansions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
We lived in India for a year. My brother lived in Rwanda for 4. Still treated better in both cases.

I've also spent a good deal of time in Japan and am fully aware that polite does not equal accepting. But my entire point is that being white is largely and advantage everywhere, even if people don't necessarily like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 03:02 PM

2,280 posts, read 1,350,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
We lived in India for a year. My brother lived in Rwanda for 4. Still treated better in both cases.
Are you poor or rich? I assume you were considerably richer than the average person in India or Rwanda. Were you treated better than rich Indians? I doubt it.

Brexit happened because the brits didn't want the Poles. The Poles are probably whiter than the Brits.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:05 PM

2,280 posts, read 1,350,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
You're not wrong about India, light skin and especially white privilege absolutely exists there.
That has nothing to do with the US.
Paler skin is considered better looking in places like India or Korea (true) but it isn't something that has to do with race. Dark skinned people aren't of a different race.

You are trying to apply the American concept of race to the rest of the world but it doesn't work in the same way.
In Brazil you are black based on the color of your skin, not your ancestry. Your mom can be from Africa but if your skin is not dark you are not black. In the US doesn't work like that.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:06 PM

23,747 posts, read 18,863,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Brexit happened because the brits didn't want the Poles. The Poles are probably whiter than the Brits.

Provide a credible source please.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:34 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,331,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
So let's try again - are you expecting every cop to be OK with getting dragged to court by the new breed of ambulance-chasing parasites and quite possibly losing everything they have every single time they arrest someone who's resisting? Whatever it is you're smoking, please do share!

Or do you expect the cops to not arrest anyone who refuses to go willingly in order to not get sued and ruined by the said parasites? If so, what's stopping the perps from resisting every single time a cop tries to arrest them?
Catching up here -- real life called.

Nope. I'm expecting the ones who are in fact garbage cops who know they'll be dragged off to court all the time for their actions to get mad and quit. They can have a nice life making minimum wage working a register at a gun shop or being a mall cop. If you think that's every cop, then you think our police forces are even more garbage than I do.

I should be asking you what you're smoking, except that drugs aren't my thing.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:53 PM

So let's try again - once police no longer have qualified immunity they are open to a civil lawsuit any time they lay a finger on a perp resisting arrest thanks to all the ambulance chasing parasites who can't wait for this new bottomless gold mine to open up, and it's going to be up to the jury to decide whether or not it was excessive force or assault with lynch mob waiting outside and cancel mob waiting online, with burden of proof being much lower than criminal cases to sweeten things up even further. Nothing will change in affluent safe suburbs where the worst a cop gets to deal with is an overly aggressive turkey that cannot be convinced to file a lawsuit by even the most parasitic of the parasites, but are you really smooth-brained enough to assume cops will not quit on the spot in places where perps always resist and majority of arrests involve a violent struggle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post

Nope. I'm expecting the ones who are in fact garbage cops who know they'll be dragged off to court all the time for their actions to get mad and quit. They can have a nice life making minimum wage working a register at a gun shop or being a mall cop. If you think that's every cop, then you think our police forces are even more garbage than I do.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:58 PM

16,668 posts, read 8,384,368 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
BFD is scared of black people.
BFD or BPD?

Old 04-23-2021, 04:01 PM

23,747 posts, read 18,863,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post

So you think that individual should be working at a gun dealer??? You sure are on a roll, boss.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:20 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,707,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
This is an anonymous public forum, and for obvious reasons one shouldn't be expected to provide names dates and places. I do always question however, how these bystanders (or laypeople/3rd parties, etc.) always assume so much (unless they themselves are an attorney involved in the incident, the cop's supervisor, or someone else privy to that information). Small town gossip and "my friend told me he was doing nothing wrong and the police did this and that to him...", doesn't pass the sniff test. I'm not so naive as to believe that this stuff never happens, it's demonstrating a widespread issue that's much harder to find convincing data of.
And you're referencing the musings of one of the most presumptive contributors to this forum, with more fiction than Hemingway.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:24 PM

Just a standard-issue simius acabus vulgaris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
And you're referencing the musings of one of the most presumptive contributors to this forum, with more fiction than Hemingway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston