Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 01:15 PM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
If he is dead, then why does it even matter?
Indicative of attitude within the force then..and now. His being deceased doesn't matter. His comments do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 01:20 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,067,827 times
My privileged daddy's real estate portfolio-inheriting, black supremacy-supporting friend, I probably interact with more black people in a week than an average ultra-woke suburbia limousinia liberalia dweller interacts with in a month. And based on my experience I know that majority of them are great, friendly, tolerant people and a few are racist pieces of sh*t, just like whites or any other race. And it is extremely unfortunate that quite a few of the leaders happen to be the said pieces of sh*t promoting hate and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
BFD is scared of black people.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:40 PM

23,738 posts, read 18,855,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Indicative of attitude within the force then..and now. His being deceased doesn't matter. His comments do.
Back in the 90s I ended up staying after school by myself for some reason, and this teacher began giving me an earful about how the "blacks should go back to Africa but can't because the people over there despise the ones here" or something like that. There was also (a black female teacher never mind you), who required all black boys (and only black boys) to wear a suit and tie on presentation day. These are taxpayer funded educators we entrust with our children. I suppose my experiences prove institutional racism in the schools "then and now", and that their entire profession deserves the bitterness it receives.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:50 PM

2,280 posts, read 1,349,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
And based on my experience I know that majority of them are great, friendly, tolerant people and a few are racist pieces of sh*t, just like whites or any other race. And it is extremely unfortunate that quite a few of the leaders happen to be the said pieces of sh*t promoting hate and division.
None would be able to guess that you think the majority of black people are great, friendly and tolerant by reading your posts.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:57 PM

Based on the title of this thread we are discussing criminals responsible for a rough summer ahead, not normal everyday folks just going about their business. Also, are you telling me it's impossible to think that majority of black folks are great people while at the same time not being too fond of the farrakhanazis and their supporters like our BBMM friend here who thinks there's nothing wrong with black supremacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
None would be able to guess that you think the majority of black people are great, friendly and tolerant by reading your posts.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:09 PM

12,933 posts, read 22,104,360 times
Quote:
And that, my friend, is why there's always going to be mistrust and division. You yourself admitted there's a farrakhan out there for every duke but you're kicking and screaming about the dukes while refusing to hold any of the farrakhans accountable, and until that changes you'll have nearly half of the country voting for a nutjob who belongs in a padded room.

Also you might want to re-think that whole "black racists don't affect me because I'm white" silliness - take a look at our DA, our city council, and based on the recent rhetoric our unelected heronner. Think they can't affect you?
No, I did not say that at all. I said there are black people who are bigoted towards white people just as there are people of every race who dislike every other race. But I also pointed out that:
  1. White people make up the vast majority of the population, so even if there is an equal proportion of bigotry -like 2% of the population of each race (and I don't think there is - more on that below) - the white bigots vastly outnumber bigots in any other race. Not equal.
  2. It still doesn't change the fact that white people control the vast majority of the the power structures that influence our lives and opportunities. So again, it's not equal.
  3. Finally, anti-white "bigotry"does not exist to the same extent as white-on-nonwhite bigotry. If you're a white person who has been just about anywhere that you're the minority, you can see that white people are often treated better than the nonwhite majority population. In many places, whiteness is also associated with money and success. In Asia, there's an economy based around skin lightening. In India, lighter skin is a status symbol. In many African countries, simply being white can give you access that locals will never experience. Locally, I'm often treated better by neighbors and businesses in my majority Hispanic neighborhood than many Hispanic locals and customers.

So unlike you, I'm not concerned about having people of color in leadership positions. I don't think a black mayor, city council, or DA is going to adversely impact my life or limit opportunities for me. Not even a little bit. For starters, they are still working within a system that's heavily influenced by entities that are primarily white (private sector, state and federal government, etc.), and I'd advocate for diversity at all levels of power reflect the general population. But even if we did hit racial parity (the point at which these systems are controlled by a diverse leadership group that reflects the demographics of the city/state/country), I still wouldn't worry about it adversely impacting me - parity and balance is a good thing.

It's sort of ironic to repeatedly argue that white racism isn't an issue while simultaneously fear mongering about having black leadership. So white leadership is fair and judicious and the complaints are unfounded and overblown, but black leadership would be unjust and racist towards whites? Isn't that viewpoint the definition of white supremacy?

Old 04-23-2021, 02:15 PM

2,280 posts, read 1,349,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
In Asia, there's an economy based around skin lightening. In India, lighter skin is a status symbol. In many African countries, simply being white can give you access that locals will never experience.
Maybe if you are experiencing the life of a rich tourist. Try moving to an Asian country or an African country as a white American immigrant and let me know how well you integrate.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:25 PM

White racism is as much of an issue as black racism, asian racism or latino racism - any racism is an issue. Or, according to your logic it's not an issue because if any racism is an issue and if black racism isn't an issue then no racism is an issue.

As far as racist leaders go it is indeed a problem - just listen to your average "my man shabazz" west or "white colonizers" farrakhendi without your woke headphones on and you'd think you're listening to some sheet-wrapped freak at a KKK rally had they been white. That's why there were so many otherwise perfectly reasonable whites who held their nose and voted for cheetolini, even though he should not have gotten a single vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
No, I did not say that at all. I said there are black people who are bigoted towards white people just as there are people of every race who dislike every other race. But I also pointed out that:
  1. White people make up the vast majority of the population, so even if there is an equal proportion of bigotry -like 2% of the population of each race (and I don't think there is - more on that below) - the white bigots vastly outnumber bigots in any other race. Not equal.
  2. It still doesn't change the fact that white people control the vast majority of the the power structures that influence our lives and opportunities. So again, it's not equal.
  3. Finally, anti-white "bigotry"does not exist to the same extent as white-on-nonwhite bigotry. If you're a white person who has been just about anywhere that you're the minority, you can see that white people are often treated better than the nonwhite majority population. In many places, whiteness is also associated with money and success. In Asia, there's an economy based around skin lightening. In India, lighter skin is a status symbol. In many African countries, simply being white can give you access that locals will never experience. Locally, I'm often treated better by neighbors and businesses in my majority Hispanic neighborhood than many Hispanic locals and customers.

So unlike you, I'm not concerned about having people of color in leadership positions. I don't think a black mayor, city council, or DA is going to adversely impact my life or limit opportunities for me. Not even a little bit. For starters, they are still working within a system that's heavily influenced by entities that are primarily white (private sector, state and federal government, etc.), and I'd advocate for diversity at all levels of power reflect the general population. But even if we did hit racial parity (the point at which these systems are controlled by a diverse leadership group that reflects the demographics of the city/state/country), I still wouldn't worry about it adversely impacting me - parity and balance is a good thing.

It's sort of ironic to repeatedly argue that white racism isn't an issue while simultaneously fear mongering about having black leadership. So white leadership is fair and judicious and the complaints are unfounded and overblown, but black leadership would be unjust and racist towards whites? Isn't that viewpoint the definition of white supremacy?

Old 04-23-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Maybe if you are experiencing the life of a rich tourist. Try moving to an Asian country or an African country as a white American immigrant and let me know how well you integrate.
We lived in India for a year. My brother lived in Rwanda for 4. Still treated better in both cases.

I've also spent a good deal of time in Japan and am fully aware that polite does not equal accepting. But my entire point is that being white is largely and advantage everywhere, even if people don't necessarily like you.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
White racism is as much of an issue as black racism, asian racism or latino racism - any racism is an issue. Or, according to your logic it's not an issue because if any racism is an issue and if black racism isn't an issue then no racism is an issue.

As far as racist leaders go it is indeed a problem - just listen to your average "my man shabazz" west or "white colonizers" farrakhendi without your woke headphones on and you'd think you're listening to some sheet-wrapped freak at a KKK rally had they been white. That's why there were so many otherwise perfectly reasonable whites who held their nose and voted for cheetolini, even though he should not have gotten a single vote.
You're talking in circles now. Yes, all bigotry is bad, no, not all bigotry is equal. It's really that simple.

I think you're the one who seems to have the blinders/headphones on. You do nothing on this forum other than rant about black-on-white racism. I've yet to see anything from the mayor or city council that is anywhere near as dramatically "racist" as you're implying. More importantly, in all of your ranting, have you identified a single thing that Boston's diverse leadership has done (or not done) that's adversely impacted you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston