Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 10:32 AM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I was just there-the northern portion that was just grass/parkland has new development near Forest Hills and it's different but the pre-existing area it's still pretty ghetto IMO. I don't see how it's changed (at all) since my days walking around here from 2007-2012. But I'm not surveying people in the neighborhood, I could be way off. I know they still have shootings on Washington street. IMO its worse aesthetically Closer to the Rite Aid https://www.google.com/maps/@42.2761...7i16384!8i8192

It seems like most of the worst 3 deckers along there have all had extensive facelifts over the years. A friend of mine who used to live back behind the field once complain about crime, but once the neighbors got better he could no longer afford the rent and had to leave (common story throughout the city). Professional people no longer seem scared of the area, and are willing to live there (not sure if this is by actual choice or what though). Sorry to hear there are still shootings, I guess I haven't been paying much attention lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 10:36 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I hope the city has provisions to return to the old "status quo" should the supposed "potential bike traffic" not materialize. My faith is low, however. It seems like they don't learn.
yea they've got bike lanes on Cummins highway now -who is that for? How is it I lived in that area for decades and saw a handful of bikers... max-yet they now need a lane? even when I was a kid I never biked there I just went down wood ave to ross field and river street to cleary square. Somehow Cleary Square doesn't have bike lans but this area now does? It's mostly families over there, with young kids they have and use cars.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:53 AM

17,708 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Boston Police investigating shots fired in busy Back Bay area

"Chaos briefly ensued in ritzy Back Bay when someone opened fire in the busy downtown neighborhood, sending passersby fleeing and diners diving under tables.

Boston Police confirmed officers were investigating a shots-fired incident that happened around 8 p.m. on Fairfield Street between Newbury and Boylston streets Wednesday.

No one immediately appeared to have been shot, police said, and cops hadn’t arrested anyone in the immediate aftermath.

The shots rang out just south of Newbury, the city’s swankiest shopping street, and just north of one entrance to the Prudential Center.

Curious passersby who remained at the fairly quiet scene shortly afterward told the Herald that the pop from the gun sent crowds scampering away, including large groups hustling into nearby restaurants like Eataly.

Ben Mokrani, in town with his wife and two young daughters, told reporters they’d been enjoying a meal at a table outside Abe & Louie’s steakhouse when the first two shots rang out. He said he did “what any parent would do” — grabbed his kids and hit the deck. He said they heard another series of gunshots, and the management quickly brought everyone inside, for which he was grateful.

“I was terrified,” he said."

Old 08-12-2021, 06:00 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,119,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Yeah American Legion I likewise always thought of as Hyde Park (or just "no-man's land" where Rozzie/HP/and Mattapan all come together), for some reason and not a reflection on Roslindale. Belgrade is not ghetto at all, but I agree that it's ugly. Washington St. below the square/Healy Field used to be ghetto, but it's done a complete 180 from what I understand.
Nope. Still ghetto. Until they figure out how to move the Archdale projects at least.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:02 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,119,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
yea they've got bike lanes on Cummins highway now -who is that for? How is it I lived in that area for decades and saw a handful of bikers... max-yet they now need a lane? even when I was a kid I never biked there I just went down wood ave to ross field and river street to cleary square. Somehow Cleary Square doesn't have bike lans but this area now does? It's mostly families over there, with young kids they have and use cars.
It's mostly for traffic control and slow down the driving lanes. It is disguised as "bike lanes" They call it a road diet. and its pretty head scratching whomever designed the American legion part. It switches from full 2 lane to all of a sudden one lane..4 times in 2 miles. WHY

Old 08-12-2021, 10:13 AM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Nope. Still ghetto. Until they figure out how to move the Archdale projects at least.

Oh well...

Old 08-12-2021, 10:17 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
shots fired in back bay yesterday:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/shots-f...rhood/37286265

Old 08-13-2021, 06:06 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,188,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
A Black male, 29, did it, according to cbsboston.com.

A Babson grad (!), supposedly owns a sunglass boutique (?) on Newbury Street. I think witnesses said they know of him, as he's often seen in the area (outside his store?).

Huh? So he shoots up his own neighborhood?

Old 08-13-2021, 06:31 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
A Black male, 29, did it, according to cbsboston.com.

A Babson grad (!), supposedly owns a sunglass boutique (?) on Newbury Street. I think witnesses said they know of him, as he's often seen in the area (outside his store?).

Huh? So he shoots up his own neighborhood?
Wait...thats got to be the ‘EDGE Newbury’ guy. We have some mutuals, damn he's dumb.

https://instagram.com/edgenewbury?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 08-13-2021 at 06:42 PM..

Old 08-14-2021, 07:44 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
https://whdh.com/news/police-investi...ngs-in-boston/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston