Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2021, 05:16 PM

1,393 posts, read 861,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Six dollars you say? Now, tell me how much you need to invest to be paid $5000 or so a month in perpetuity - that’s how much an average black family on the dole in Boston is worth if you don’t account for inflation which would make that number a whole lot bigger.
Seriously just stop. This has gotten way off topic. If you don’t think Boston has an racist image that needs to be addressed you live under a rock. If you would like to see the difference..take a walk around downtown Boston - a very diverse city. Then take a walk around Manhattan, San Fran, chicago..tell me which downtowns actually feel diverse...Boston is more than dropkick Murphy’s and sweet Caroline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 05:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Six dollars you say? Now, tell me how much you need to invest to be paid $5000 or so a month in perpetuity - that’s how much an average black family on the dole in Boston is worth if you don’t account for inflation which would make that number a whole lot bigger.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
Seriously just stop. This has gotten way off topic. If you don’t think Boston has an racist image that needs to be addressed you live under a rock. If you would like to see the difference..take a walk around downtown Boston - a very diverse city. Then take a walk around Manhattan, San Fran, chicago..tell me which downtowns actually feel diverse...Boston is more than dropkick Murphy’s and sweet Caroline

And?

What is your plan?

Old 04-09-2021, 06:04 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,064,605 times
I’m not the one who brought up the $6 meme, friendo! Now stop trying to tug on those heartstrings and do some math for me!

As for racist image you do not address it by paying some friend or relative of yours many millions of taxpayer dollars to throw together a quick iMovie blurb sending tourists to neighborhoods where one can easily get shot for wearing a wrong hat while black.

Quote:

Old 04-09-2021, 06:43 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
I think Boston maybe had a racist image that some people don't want to let go of. That is sick.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:54 PM

Those responsible for Boston’s old racist image got broomed out several decades ago, current breed of racists lives in Roxbury and hangs out at 10 Washington St.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think Boston maybe had a racist image that some people don't want to let go of. That is sick.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:11 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
If you want to generate wealth forget about your parents and your grandparents unless they are truly wealthy. Marry rich.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...arry-rich.html

Seems like it should be just as easy for a man these days to find a rich woman.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:56 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,343,377 times
Quote:
Then take a walk around Manhattan, San Fran, chicago..tell me which downtowns actually feel diverse...
Let's be honest, Boston is not really in the League of NYC or Chicago. It's a quarter of NY and half Chicago MSA. And while Greater Boston and Bay-area are about the same size (population-wise) Greater Boston is 70% non-Hispanic white Bay area is 40% (NY 45, Chicago 50). It is to be expected that there are many more white than others downtown.
As soon as you leave the city of Boston most places are quite white even in the core of the metro, Quincy and Cambridge 60% white, Brookline 70%

https://censusreporter.org/profiles/...nh-metro-area/
https://censusreporter.org/profiles/...ca-metro-area/

Old 04-09-2021, 09:21 PM

1,393 posts, read 861,744 times
Quote:
I’m not the one who brought up the $6 meme, friendo! Now stop trying to tug on those heartstrings and do some math for me!

As for racist image you do not address it by paying some friend or relative of yours many millions of taxpayer dollars to throw together a quick iMovie blurb sending tourists to neighborhoods where one can easily get shot for wearing a wrong hat while black.
Easily get shot? You don’t travel much clearly. Try leaving your street. The campaign is to demonstrate what and who Boston is as a city. Boston is about the freedom trail, newbury st, north end, mlk, Frederick Douglass, the dropkick Murphy’s, cask n flagon. Wallys, yo yo ma, slades, new edition, Aerosmith, Cape Verde...it’s all Boston..market it all...I suggest you try leaving your neighborhood every once and awhile

Last edited by Ne999; 04-09-2021 at 09:44 PM..

Old 04-09-2021, 10:44 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,785,792 times
Quote:
Easily get shot? You don’t travel much clearly. Try leaving your street. The campaign is to demonstrate what and who Boston is as a city. Boston is about the freedom trail, newbury st, north end, mlk, Frederick Douglass, the dropkick Murphy’s, cask n flagon. Wallys, yo yo ma, slades, new edition, Aerosmith, Cape Verde...it’s all Boston..market it all...I suggest you try leaving your neighborhood every once and awhile
Ultimately, you have to accept some people are just racist and would rather not promote things that are not white. For obvious reasons.

The more you deny to yourself BFD and others aren't fundamentally racist... the more you drive yourself up a wall.

Old 04-10-2021, 05:10 AM

Racism lives at 10 Washington in Roxbury, my black supremacist friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Ultimately, you have to accept some people are just racist and would rather not promote things that are not white. For obvious reasons.

The more you deny to yourself BFD and others aren't fundamentally racist... the more you drive yourself up a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston