Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 10:08 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,402,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You don't see them making many plain mozzarella-free pizzas.
??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 10:10 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
I havent been thrilled with NJ pizza so far. Its great but i havent found a 10

MA still beats it atm lol in this ongoing rivalry

Old 08-02-2021, 11:38 AM

578 posts, read 569,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
If you think that, you've obviously never had the original. They aren't even the same animal.

Depends on the location. I've been to the original location a few times (not worth that long line, IMHO). The locations out here (Solomon Pond, and originally Auburn Mall) were really good - you just had to ask them to heat up the slices again and make them extra crispy. I've also tried the South Station, Quincy Market, and Foxwoods locations, and those were much worse. So I think it depend so who is running the place.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:22 PM

913 posts, read 559,774 times
It's ... Boston style.

The only place worth getting it as at the mother ship in the North End, well-done, not burdened by too many toppings (esp vegetable - wet - ones). Traditionally, their simple pies are thing of great beauty: the sauce, cheese + are a condiment to the beautiful crust, which is the main attraction.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:57 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,851,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Larsen View Post
It's ... Boston style.

The only place worth getting it as at the mother ship in the North End, well-done, not burdened by too many toppings (esp vegetable - wet - ones). Traditionally, their simple pies are thing of great beauty: the sauce, cheese + are a condiment to the beautiful crust, which is the main attraction.
I like simple (margherita) pizza and some more unusual ones like clam pizza. Reginas is fine.

What I don't get is those NH tomato pies that's just sauce and the bread. I suppose it is vegan friendly but for me it's missing the best part! rather have a good pasta (preferable with more than just the sauce)

Old 08-02-2021, 02:53 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,402,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
What I don't get is those NH tomato pies that's just sauce and the bread. I suppose it is vegan friendly
Incorrect on both counts. Go to Sally’s, try the tomato pie and let us know what you think.

A New Haven tomato pie is much different than a Rhode Island pizza strip (which I also like).

Old 08-02-2021, 03:26 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
Depends on the location. I've been to the original location a few times (not worth that long line, IMHO). The locations out here (Solomon Pond, and originally Auburn Mall) were really good - you just had to ask them to heat up the slices again and make them extra crispy. I've also tried the South Station, Quincy Market, and Foxwoods locations, and those were much worse. So I think it depend so who is running the place.
Meh. I've been to Soloman Pond. As good as you'll find in that area, but it ain't the North End.

Old 08-02-2021, 03:30 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
I like simple (margherita) pizza and some more unusual ones like clam pizza. Reginas is fine.

What I don't get is those NH tomato pies that's just sauce and the bread. I suppose it is vegan friendly but for me it's missing the best part! rather have a good pasta (preferable with more than just the sauce)
I like pizza strips. Not a fan of "white" pizzas with no sauce, but I "get" that some people do.

Old 08-02-2021, 03:54 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
And stop with the personal insults...no room for that in City-Data.
If I were you I'd worry about your own demeanor in here. You take yourself far too seriously and insult those you disagree with constantly.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:02 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I like Pizzeria Regina because at least you know what you're getting. Even if they operate in the mall I know it's going to be the same quality. I also like red rose for the huge portions and I do like Peppy's because if there is a quality then. The weird when I heard about lately is Detroit Pizza which I don't really think that's a good thing. Little Caesars is trying to make a comeback but there's a reason why taste like $5 it's because it is $5. Blaze Pizza I also think is good they do have a lot of hot sauces.
You really think the mall locations are as good as Thatcher St? Burlington mall location was good many years ago, but most of the mall locations quality seems have gotten pretty low. Same goes for Fenway. Terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston