Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 06:11 AM

16,413 posts, read 8,215,049 times

Advertisements

https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/04/22...pe-case-police

I'm sure there will be some wildly expensive lawsuits to be paid by the city for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
People wonder why women don't report rapes. This is outrageously poor police work. There is no excuse for this lack of effort and incompetence.

This reads like bad fiction though it's not so incomprehensible considering who his sister is. There had to be some level of politics involved. I'm not blaming the sister, but I can see why this issue was given a good leaving alone.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:52 AM

It is crazy that it got to that point.

Not making excuses for the rapist at all...but BPD did have an issue with all these ride share companies when they first started. The Hackney Carriage Unit of the Boston Police Department is responsible for regulating all Taxis, Sight-seeing Automobiles, Horse and Carriages, and Pedi-cabs in the City of Boston. Once uber and lyft came along they have no control over what goes in within those rideshare services.

There's been a lot of crimes committed by uber drivers to passengers, passengers to uber drivers, people pretending to be uber drivers. I have never felt unsafe in an uber...but i also never took an uber as an intoxicated 20/30 something year old female. Sick people out there.

Seems like this was the perfect storm where they didn't properly investigate these accusations and i'm sure it had to do with who the sicko's sister is.

Old 04-24-2024, 06:58 PM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This reads like bad fiction though it's not so incomprehensible considering who his sister is. There had to be some level of politics involved. I'm not blaming the sister, but I can see why this issue was given a good leaving alone.
I'm guessing ......Bingo.

Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

6,135 posts, read 5,103,250 times
This WBUR story was picked up and broadcast by NPR nationwide yesterday (I heard it while I was in the Midwest on business). The point the reporter was making was, just police knowing that a suspect has high level connections can have a chilling effect on how they go about doing their job. Which of course is totally unacceptable...this suspect certainly did not deserve any special treatment. Ms. Campbell apparently did not make herself available for comment.

Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM

I'm sorry to say it but if you have a family member with that kind of trouble maybe you shouldn't be in a political position within that same city.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM

6,135 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm sorry to say it but if you have a family member with that kind of trouble maybe you shouldn't be in a political position within that same city.
LOL, have you heard of William Bulger?

Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
LOL, have you heard of William Bulger?
Or John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Lol ok. Welp here we are then. At least the rapist didn't kill anyone?

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

6,116 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Police spend the vast majority of their day writing reports and “investigating” after the fact.

They do very little to actually protect people.

Thats why people must protect themselves.

Except Democrats want to prosecute people for defending themselves.

So we are stuck in this loop of insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston