Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 08:58 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,764,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Apparently the Chinese in NYC are moving in other political directions:
https://nypost.com/2022/01/15/chines...crat-promises/

Just because one's Chinese does not make them Democrat, There are many Chinese and other East Asians out there that support Republicans, particularly among business owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 09:04 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,764,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
It’s probably just cause she is Communist

Wu's grandparents fled Mainland China when it became communist in 1949 over to Taiwan. The flag her ancestors saluted was the White Sun on a Blue Sky with Red Earth which happens to adorn Boston Chinatown's streets. Your statement comes off as ignorant as saying Chiang Kai Shek was a Communist .

Old 01-15-2022, 09:12 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Wu's grandparents fled Mainland China when it became communist in 1949 over to Taiwan. The flag her ancestors saluted was the White Sun on a Blue Sky with Red Earth which happens to adorn Boston Chinatown's streets. Your statement comes off as ignorant as saying Chiang Kai Shek was a Communist .
You do realize vast majority of the purple-haired wannabe commie defundie herd have capitalist and oftentimes republican parents, right?

Old 01-15-2022, 10:46 PM

14,012 posts, read 14,998,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
And needless to say...she would not be facing this kind of racist/sexist venom just 2 months into her term, were she not an Asian-American woman.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/01/...people-can-go/
People were protesting outside bakers house like every day for about a year now over Covid stuff. Idk if they’re still there since the state has basically no restrictions anymore but it was a thing for a long time

Covid has driven everyone mad and Vaccine passports were obviously going to be divisive

Old 01-16-2022, 05:47 AM

5,093 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Just because one's Chinese does not make them Democrat, There are many Chinese and other East Asians out there that support Republicans, particularly among business owners.
I never made such a claim, nor would I because I'm aware of this fact . The article discusses the fact that many are rejecting the Democratic party.

"One Manhattan Chinatown election district flipped from blue to red in November, while GOP mayoral challenger Curtis Sliwa beat Democrat and citywide winner Eric Adams in 10 assembly districts with large Asian constituencies.
Our party better start giving more of a s–t about #aapi (Asian-American Pacific Islander) voters and communities,” Rep. Grace Meng (D-Queens)tweeted on election night in response to Sliwa’s victories."

Old 01-16-2022, 06:45 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
The Taiwanese aren't communists at all. Usually nice people and tend to be conservative. Obviously, she went in a different direction.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:35 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The Taiwanese aren't communists at all. Usually nice people and tend to be conservative. Obviously, she went in a different direction.
Most 2nd generation Asians are highly cosmopolitan and liberal- and overwhelmingly Democrat. Too much to this discussion is focused on older immigrants/business owners. Michelle Wu isn’t like against the grain. Based on her background her politics are what I’d expect.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:40 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I did. Sorry I clicked on that crap. Entire second paragraph was denigrating her and saying her only qualifications were race and gender, which was specifically to denigrate her race and gender, for no reason except ignorance. Gross.

I wish I could "unclick" it. I thought it was a news source, not a race baiting blog.
How did the article denigrate her race and gender?

Just to help you out I will link her Linked In profile that pretty clearly shows no qualifications for anything, illustrated by her series of one year stints doing nothing of any of consequence whatsoever.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/msoliscervera

As you can also see, she is dishonest. She includes in her title page the emblem and title of Harvard University Graduate School of Education where she apparently didn't attain her masters.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 01-16-2022 at 07:50 AM..

Old 01-16-2022, 09:54 AM

5,093 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I think you're right, Casey, and I think this is so regardless of age. I'm not sure if I would call them conservatives or just traditional liberals or those who understand what authoritarianism or oppression look like up close and personal, and want no part of it or anything resembling it. Social class seems to be a factor with some of those who veer, but I would never underestimate the ability of an elite American education to change things up a bit as well.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:22 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Most 2nd generation Asians are highly cosmopolitan and liberal- and overwhelmingly Democrat. Too much to this discussion is focused on older immigrants/business owners. Michelle Wu isn’t like against the grain. Based on her background her politics are what I’d expect.
Homie, most second generation Asians, especially older folks and females, will cross the street when they see an unapologetically black(tm) male approaching after what’s been happening lately. Comrade chairWumyn does not represent the Asian community, she’s nothing but an Asian version of a a typical rachel dolezal/shaun king.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston