Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2022, 01:28 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times

Advertisements

Yeah I think there's a reverse kind of prejudice going on with some people, no doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 01:29 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
How did the article denigrate her race and gender?

I didn't say the article denigrated her race and gender. You couldn't even read a few line post correctly. It's no wonder you missed the racism and sexism in the blog post.

Quote:
Just to help you out I will link her Linked In profile that pretty clearly shows no qualifications for anything, illustrated by her series of one year stints doing nothing of any of consequence whatsoever.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/msoliscervera
I see a young professional with an impressive budding resume.

Quote:
As you can also see, she is dishonest. She includes in her title page the emblem and title of Harvard University Graduate School of Education where she apparently didn't attain her masters.
It clearly says she is a candidate. She doesn't claim to have graduated. Those emblems get inserted automatically when you fill out the education section.

0/3. Well done.

Old 01-16-2022, 01:40 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
https://twitter.com/MayorWu/status/1...896583684?s=20

Michelle Wu wrote a letter to the Joint Committee on Housing urging favorable action in favor of lifting the state wide ban on rent control.

Protestors both in favor of rent control and opposed to rent control went to Beacon Hill recently to make their voices heard. https://www.wbur.org/news/2022/01/12...to-beacon-hill

Old 01-16-2022, 01:42 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I didn't say the article denigrated her race and gender. You couldn't even read a few line post correctly. It's no wonder you missed the racism and sexism in the blog post.

So who did???

Quote:
I see a lot of fluff and nothing. But then again, people try to deceive me with that stuff all the time so I may have a better eye for it than most.

Quote:
It clearly says she is a candidate. She doesn't claim to have graduated. Those emblems get inserted automatically when you fill out the education section.

0/3. Well done.

Then she should know better than to enter it in the first place. An overinflated resume is one of the fastest ways to destroy one's credibility.

You've hit another homer, sparky.

Old 01-16-2022, 01:44 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
https://twitter.com/MayorWu/status/1...896583684?s=20

Michelle Wu wrote a letter to the Joint Committee on Housing urging favorable action in favor of lifting the state wide ban on rent control.

Protestors both in favor of rent control and opposed to rent control went to Beacon Hill recently to make their voices heard. https://www.wbur.org/news/2022/01/12...to-beacon-hill

HERE WE GO.

Old 01-16-2022, 02:40 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So who did???

I see a lot of fluff and nothing. But then again, people try to deceive me with that stuff all the time so I may have a better eye for it than most.

Then she should know better than to enter it in the first place. An overinflated resume is one of the fastest ways to destroy one's credibility.

You've hit another homer, sparky.
Huh? The LinkedIn profile clearly states:

Harvard University Graduate School of Education
Degree Name MEd Candidate - Education Policy and Management
Dates attended or expected graduation 2018 – 2019

Where exactly is the inflation or misrepresentation?

Old 01-16-2022, 02:50 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,071,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
HERE WE GO.
“Rent control never worked but that’s because it wasn’t real rent control, it will work this time because comrade chairWumyn said it will and I’m with her!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

So did she actually get it or did she flunk out? And more importantly was it even legit Harvard or the usual case of Harvard Extension being sold to the prospective employers as the real McCoy?

Old 01-16-2022, 02:56 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,276,052 times
Quote:
You said "entire second paragraph was denigrating her and saying her only qualifications were race and gender, which was specifically to denigrate her race and gender, for no reason except ignorance. Gross.

Not too bright timberline.

Quote:
You have no clue what you are talking about, multiple short term stints are text book red flags for any hiring manager worth his or her salt. Lol!!!! In fact, she just might have one of the worst resumes I have ever seen.

Quote:
She was a candidate three years ago. She apparently didn't even complete the program so that should not be on her banner and don't give me that crap about how it automatically gets added because it doesn't. To wit, she actually earned degrees from St Thomas University and Mount St Mary's (two stellar institutions btw, Lol!) yet neither of those are on the banner. Why do you suppose that would be timberline???

Old 01-16-2022, 02:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
And more importantly was it even legit Harvard or the usual case of Harvard Extension being sold to the prospective employers as the real McCoy?

The Extension does not offer the EdM. Lots of people include education they are pursuing on their linkedin profile. Not unusual. Not sure why it says 2018-2019 though and if she's not matriculated then she wouldn't be a candidate.

Old 01-16-2022, 02:57 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,765,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

I think what MassNative means is that because the person attended the program but did not obtain a degree, said person ought not put down on the resume any mention of the degree. It is not misrepresentation but it can lead people to question credentials. I personally don't care about such instances so long as the person does not blatantly lie about obtaining a degree, which this advisor did not, but I can understand why others might get upset, especially those who did make the effort to actually obtain a degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston