Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:56 PM

39 posts, read 86,378 times

Advertisements

Yes, it is...if I could only afford to live there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM

708 posts, read 1,296,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Could it be? An article in the Denver Post tells us that "CBS Sunday Morning" said so. Did anybody here see the show (I didn't, and had not heard about it before seeing this article)? If so, what did you think?

Is Boulder the happiest city in America?
This is such a stupid question. Happiness is different things to different people. Is great shopping what makes Boulder such a happy place? Is having a Whole Foods what makes people so happy in Boulder? Is the view, the view, the view, what makes Boulder such a happy place? Is it that people in Boulder care more about their neighbors than anywhere in the country? Is it that people like the fact that there is no diversity in Boulder?

For those of you that have money and can shop on Pearl Street, go to Whole Foods, and enjoy the "coolness" of Boulder, is that what makes Boulder so amazingly better than anywhere else?

I now live in Frederick, MD having moved from Boulder 9 months ago. To me, Frederick is the happiest place I have ever lived because people are just so darm nice. Everywhere. Everyplace. That's my experience. It's like going back in time to a place we all remember called the past. I think that was the happiest time for many of us because life was so simple.

I don't think that any materialistic city like Boulder can be the happiest place because there are such inequalities between the people that live there.

There is a great book if you want to ready about one author's search for happiness around the world. It's called the Geography of Bliss.

Last edited by seethelight; 05-10-2011 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: changed my mind

Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM

15 posts, read 39,654 times
Yeah it really is

YouTube - Colorado My Home (A Rap on Colorado) - J Run, Black Prez, J_Mal, Chef W, Peezy - [Explicit Lyrics]

Old 05-22-2011, 03:56 PM

19 posts, read 48,605 times
Yeah it really is! I live in Erie, just East of Boulder and we go there often to just walk around and hang out- we are always happy in Boulder

Old 05-23-2011, 06:55 PM

87 posts, read 416,655 times
Oh yeah the blinders are on!!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:13 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,700,313 times
I was disappointed to see this hasn't dropped down off the first page yet, so I have to chime in.

Lord knows where all the Boulder hype comes from. Certainly not from the Boulderites themselves (really).

In fact if you posed this question to someone on the street in Boulder (who wasn't too busy avoiding getting run over, hit, or keeping up with the inching-along bumper-to-bumper traffic jam on Broadway), they would just laugh.

Boulder has pro's and con's like anyplace else. The idea that people in Boulder are exceptionally happy is just ridiculous.

But yes, when you add up all the good's and bad's the sum total is that Boulder can be a really great place to live. You can't equate Boulder with Utopia. Utopia doesn't have a lot of bad things about it, like Boulder does.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:18 PM

19 posts, read 48,605 times
Well with that said, I really do honestly believe that it's all in the eye's of the beholder and your view of it. Mine is- it is happy and that is not ridiculous

Old 05-30-2011, 02:23 AM

163 posts, read 577,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
People in Boulder are always in an almost strange good mood.....
And you can smell pot smoke wifting down the streets... maybe they are Mile Hi... I love Boulder and feel so much happier after moving here 2 months ago from Seattle.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 9,968 times
If seeing tons of homeless people with dogs makes you happy then sure!

Old 07-23-2011, 12:43 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,815,498 times
Something about a morning hike through the wildflowers of Bear Canyon makes me cranky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area