Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:01 AM

86 posts, read 150,881 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone
We hope you and your famalies were not severly impacted by the recent flooding. The pictures on the news look terrible. Were the Westminster, Louisville, Lafayette or Broomfield areas effected badly??

We are excited as we have really narrowed our retirement search to the Denver / Boulder area. We are headed back out there on Saturday for a week to look at property. I have been looking online, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the following communities
Lafayette Farms East, Anna's Farm, Legacy Ridge, Hyland Greens, Westcliff, heritage Green, Brittany Ridge, Heritage Townhouses. Also was curious about Highland Ranch, Greenwood Village or Golden areas. Any insight anyone can provide is appreciated, as we are trying to become as "educated" as possible prior to our trip. Also any other suggestions are appreciated. We tend to like communities that are well groomed, and an HOA is fine with us

as a "refresher" we are a gay male couple 51 and 60 YO, looking for a smaller single family or townhouse up to the mid 400"s.We lead fairly "boring" lives, and want to fit in within the community, and become meaningful contributors. We tend to like new or newer and like to be close to some good shopping areas.

thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:13 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,133,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglander62 View Post
Hello everyone
We hope you and your famalies were not severly impacted by the recent flooding. The pictures on the news look terrible. Were the Westminster, Louisville, Lafayette or Broomfield areas effected badly??

. . .
See the Boulder Flooding thread for effects in these areas.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:51 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,491 times
You may want to post in Denver to get info on Highlands Ranch, Greenwood Village and Golden.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,944,777 times
Quote:
We tend to like new or newer and like to be close to some good shopping areas.

What type of shopping? Mall, boutique, clothes, antiques, etc.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:36 AM

3,125 posts, read 5,049,154 times
Quote:
Were the Westminster, Louisville, Lafayette or Broomfield areas effected badly??

...I have been looking online, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the following communities
Lafayette Farms East, Anna's Farm, Legacy Ridge, Hyland Greens, Westcliff, heritage Green, Brittany Ridge, Heritage Townhouses. Also was curious about Highland Ranch, Greenwood Village or Golden areas.
Not really much impact in the cities listed. We has some localized road flooding as the drainage systems were overwhelmed. You should be Ok looking around in those areas.

Nothing negative that I know of regarding the communities listed. Please report back on your findings. Would love to hear about a visitors thoughts. I'm somewhat familiar with some of the communities listed but not all and don't mind learning about the ones I don't know about.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM

698 posts, read 2,046,744 times
Some streets were flooded in Westminster, and one neighborhood called Quail's Creek had some flooding in the streets but I'm not sure if it hit any houses, I don't think so. The drainage ditch in front of my neighborhood (Bradburn) was within a about foot of overflowing but luckily didn't. Broomfield had a few minor streets flood but no other damage I know of.

As to the neighborhoods you listed, I can speak only to Anna's Farm. A neighbor has a close friend who lives there and they really like it. I've been there several times and it always looks very nice and well groomed. Very cute houses. Close to shopping and close to Boulder.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:43 PM

86 posts, read 150,881 times
Thank you everyone. We just returned from what was a really great week in Colorado. We have really focused on Broomfield as our number 1, followed by Lafayette and Louisville 2nd ( only based on cost), and third Stapleton. We like some of the housing products in Stapleton, however we are not sure we are ready for "city living". The communities we are looking at are Broadlands ( several neighborhoods) and Wildgrass( same).We are thinking a small house or townhouse. Again, we are a gay male couple, who are professional, usually have the most well kept house on the block, and lead fairly conservative lives. One thing that troubled us is that we did not see ANY other gay couples in the week we were there. Does anyone know if a gay community exists? We would be looking to make friends with like interests, dinner parties, movies etc.

Overall we were very excited about moving to the Denver / Boulder area!

Thanks for any insight into these areas specifically

Old 09-29-2013, 05:47 PM

24 posts, read 37,563 times
Hi, NewEnglander62. We are a gay couple thinking of moving from Maryland to the Denver/Boulder area if I'm offered early retirement (I'm a Federal employee). We had spent some time in Boulder in May and noticed a lack of gay community as well. I had read that, at least in Boulder, the gay population has integrated into the larger community. Not sure how true this is but it makes sense in a good way.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:48 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Thank you everyone. We just returned from what was a really great week in Colorado. We have really focused on Broomfield as our number 1, followed by Lafayette and Louisville 2nd ( only based on cost), and third Stapleton. We like some of the housing products in Stapleton, however we are not sure we are ready for "city living". The communities we are looking at are Broadlands ( several neighborhoods) and Wildgrass( same).We are thinking a small house or townhouse. Again, we are a gay male couple, who are professional, usually have the most well kept house on the block, and lead fairly conservative lives. One thing that troubled us is that we did not see ANY other gay couples in the week we were there. Does anyone know if a gay community exists? We would be looking to make friends with like interests, dinner parties, movies etc.

Overall we were very excited about moving to the Denver / Boulder area!

Thanks for any insight into these areas specifically
Hell man, there's a huge community in Denver and Boulder. I know of a couple folks who are regulars here that will tell you just how big the community is, but like many things in COLO, low-key generally is the norm.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,944,777 times
I moved from ATL to Boulder recently. ATL has a very strong gay community and it appears that Boulder has the normal number of gay people but no community. Integrated is probably the best way to say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area