Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times

Advertisements

^^^Fortunately, Louisville is fairly built out. There aren't many empty lots. Maybe the Conoco-Phillips area, but I read that's going to be a training center, not a place that will have a huge number of permanent employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 PM

724 posts, read 1,935,256 times
I'm not sure that makes me feel any better. If it's built out, and people still want to come, prices will shoot up, no?

Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 PM

47 posts, read 253,828 times
My husband and I are looking to escape Northern California (wine country). My family is in Oregon, and my husband's family is in Denver. We were originally looking at Oregon, but he may actually have an opportunity to transfer with his current job to Boulder.

I have a 9 year-old son, so education and quality of life are very important. I was raised on a small farm before the area became completely urbanized by people from Southern California and the Silicon Valley. The farm I grew up on is now a shopping center :-(

We currently live in a small suburb with excellent neighbors and kids that play together in the neighborhood on a daily basis. I am looking for a similar atmosphere to raise my son.

I was originally drawn to Oregon for it's community spirit and historic towns. It seems from your post that Louisville offers that along with better weather.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:13 PM

530 posts, read 2,626,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missikie View Post
My husband and I are looking to escape Northern California (wine country). My family is in Oregon, and my husband's family is in Denver. We were originally looking at Oregon, but he may actually have an opportunity to transfer with his current job to Boulder.

I have a 9 year-old son, so education and quality of life are very important. I was raised on a small farm before the area became completely urbanized by people from Southern California and the Silicon Valley. The farm I grew up on is now a shopping center :-(

We currently live in a small suburb with excellent neighbors and kids that play together in the neighborhood on a daily basis. I am looking for a similar atmosphere to raise my son.

I was originally drawn to Oregon for it's community spirit and historic towns. It seems from your post that Louisville offers that along with better weather.
We moved to Louisville 3 yrs ago from New Orleans. I wish we had moved sooner. It's great!! We have 2 kids 16 and 13 , we are happy with the Boulder Valley Schools. We often talk about how we feel like we are living in a "Norman Rockwell Painting". If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. You will love it here, come out and visit.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micktooth View Post
We moved to Louisville 3 yrs ago from New Orleans. I wish we had moved sooner. It's great!! We have 2 kids 16 and 13 , we are happy with the Boulder Valley Schools. We often talk about how we feel like we are living in a "Norman Rockwell Painting". If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. You will love it here, come out and visit.
The Norman Rockwell analogy is how I describe the outdoor ice rink in the winter. My family from Denver, COS, Boulder agrees.

It also applies to the many festivals and activities. Just tonight, I took in the Friday night street fair and concert. Were you there, Micktooth?

Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM

792 posts, read 3,139,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysheltie View Post
We are looking at a relo to Louisville sometime in the next 3-5 months. Dh's job will be in Louisville, but we are open to about a 20-25 minute commute for the right community. We are looking to buy and spend absolute max 650-700, we need good schools (have a 3 and 5 year old), want a "get to know your neighbors" type of community--where people actually get involved with each other, we seem to be drawn to newer homes (definitely don't want something that needs work--BTDT). We have looked at Superior, Louisville, Boulder, Lafayette--are we missing any? We aren't sure if Broomfield and Westminster would be a doable drive? Any neighborhoods come to mind?
Thanks,
Lisa
My advice is to cut back on 650-700 limit and bank some of it incase of a rainy day (e.g. unstable job market in future). Louisville/Superior has great schools, Superior with newer homes. Layfayette may be ok too.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:06 PM

47 posts, read 253,828 times
I have also been looking at Longmont, Arveda and Golden. Any input on these locations?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM

I don't mean to change the subject. We hear a lot about Louisville. What makes it desirable - is it proximity to Boulder with less issues, baggage, and costs plus the better schools tossed in? Can any of the Denver area communities such as Littleton or Lakewood rate nearly as good as Louisville?
I would think those towns also have great access to recreation (e.g. Denver or Redrocks) with less issues, baggage, and costs relative to say Boulder but with the advantage being a better job market in metro Denver as opposed to metro Boulder.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:22 PM

Louisville is very family oriented. There are lots of activites for kids through the rec center, the churches, scouts, etc. Louisville also has a neat little downtown, that gives it kind of a "Norman Rockwell" ish atmosphere. I do not personally think the schools in Louisville are particularly "better" or worse than those in Boulder. It's what fits for each kid.

Many people in Louisville work in the metro Denver area.

I can't speak to the other areas you ask about b/c I live in, well, Louisville.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 PM

My favorite part of Louisville = west side of town w/mountain views, centered near the Rec. Center as to be close to Harper Lake and the restuarants (e.g. the Outback Steakhouse, or just downtown Main Street).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area