Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM

69 posts, read 240,041 times

Advertisements

dude get a grip and step out of your car for two seconds. No, I don't know about the trails in Boulder. But, a lot of times there are no good ways to go if you are on a bike other than busy streets. I grant it that people on bikes may bother those in their cars. Sorry about that. And there are certain roads that no cyclist should be on. But, you could try by driving the speed limit and relaxing a bit. Most bikers prob hate it but have no alternative. It is isn't a statement of "look at me" or a self-esteem issue by any means, are you serious?! It's matter of getting from A to B without guzzling gas and being sedentary.

although, i give you this, biking attire is pretty ridiculous, haha.

Last edited by suzco; 04-22-2008 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: merge 2 posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 03:18 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,371,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
There are plenty of bike trails. I wish more bikers would use them. If you ask me, they have no business being on 287 north of Boulder, or for that matter any busy roadway. I almost wrecked a few times because of some idiot on a bike. I think more bikers ride on highways and busy streets to make a statement... "I can take my bike anywhere I want to and you can't stop me. I am also an adrenaline junkie, or I simply have low self esteem and have to prove to myself 'I can do this.' Also look at my new outfit I just bought at REI."

I love bike riding, but come on. You don't have to prove yourself to the world. Get off the road.
It's "cyclists", not "bikers".

Most cyclists own cars and pay taxes just like everybody else, and are free to ride public roads and follow the rules. Some of them shouldn't wear Lycra, however.

Boulder has an exceptional bike path system, you can use it in conjunction with the streets to get just about anywhere. Other places, like Longmont, make half-azzed attempts at bike paths that pale in comparison.

Unfortunately our society is built entirely around the automobile, and little thought is given to truly 'walkable/rideable' communities, so the auto vs. pedestrian/cyclist conflicts will continue.

I avoid busy streets as often as possible, but there are times when I have no choice, and you just have to be assertive to inattentive/rude drivers...I've banged on countless windows and quarterpanels while yelling at people to remind them about using their mirrors and paying attention.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:49 PM

69 posts, read 240,041 times
haha, right on! Thanks for the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area