Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,466,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisegirl View Post
Thank you...your thoughtful response is very helpful to me. I know it takes some creativity to meet people (especially if bars are not your thing, I know they are not mine). I know that Denver or Fort Collins might be better for singles, but I kind of like the idea of a little slower pace. I am going back to actually find an apartment soon so I guess my final decision will be made then. I am definitely interested in Prospect and want to check that out. The way I feel about it is that all the towns (and Denver) are so close together that it would not be hard to take advantage of what all of them have to offer. Maybe I could get back in touch? when I come to Longmont? I'd appreciate it.
Sure! PM me and we can set something up. I like Prospect a lot and it wasn't the wrong side of town for getting to work I'd probably have bought there instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM

15 posts, read 55,216 times
I'm a little older (mid 50"s) but only chronologically! I'm reading this with interest - I will be out the first week in May to job hunt and do some more house hunting - I have pretty much narrowed things down to Longmont/Broomfield. Maybe we should all meet up!!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,466,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westiedogs View Post
I'm a little older (mid 50"s) but only chronologically! I'm reading this with interest - I will be out the first week in May to job hunt and do some more house hunting - I have pretty much narrowed things down to Longmont/Broomfield. Maybe we should all meet up!!
Sounds like a plan . We could meet at one of the watering holes in town and have a tour of the city.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:36 PM

187 posts, read 613,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
You could know me! I am an early forties single woman with no kids (but 2 cats) who doesn't know a single person in Longmont either and I've been there 2 years. I don't mind going to events by myself, but company is always welcome. I don't live in Prospect but it seems like a nice area with good restaurants and good-looking housing. I live way the other side of town in a development populated mostly by young professionals who are at work all day like me or retirees who live in AZ half the year.
I am also divorced, late 30s and live in Longmont! Its hard to meet people period. Im even a hairstylist! We could start a divorcees of Longmont club!! Okay maybe not but we could do lunch!!
Oh and by the way Prospect is very cute but very expensive.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
A reminder for all:
From the Terms of Service:
Quote:
This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.
Please use DM's for private messages, and don't announce that you've sent a DM.

Thank you.

Last edited by suzco; 04-16-2008 at 08:14 AM..

Old 04-18-2008, 11:57 AM

4 posts, read 12,094 times
I've met many friends here in Longmont, but not until I started Volunteering with the Chamber and in the past year joined the Longmont Singles Group @ Yahoo.
Go to groups and put in longmontsinglesgroup. Put in your information and you will be emailed with upcoming events. It's an older crowd in mid 40/50's. But not restricted by any age.

Not to be confused with a dating service called Longmont Singles Group, that I'm told is quite different. The Longmont Singles Group on Yahoo was started by Mary who just used Craigs list initally to get group going. They meet once a week to do activities around town together. They are going to comedy club this weekend, then dancing and pool.

You could meet someone in the romantic sense, but mostly it's friends with no pressure.

Check them out...

Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,531 times
Where does one go to meet for friends or dating in Longmont. Are there singles groups here?I'm originally from Iowa and been here in Co. for 2 yrs and in Longmont for 1. Don't know anybody here..and I mean nobody! Prefer the quiet life to the big city..small country boy still. Please help..I'm losing my mind. Bar/club scene pulled out of the station long long ago.I'm 43 yr man.Kevin

Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,698,426 times
Lisegirl said, "...[i] know I'm definitely [moving] somewhere in this area."

If that's true then you can't go wrong moving to Longmont. You can make friends there about as easy as in Lafayette or Broomfield or Loveland, etc.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 PM

80 posts, read 247,253 times
I agree with Katiana.

I used to live in Longmont a while back...and to me, it is a city that really doesn't leave much of an impression, good or bad. About the best thing you can say about it is that it's in a good location. Not too far from all of the cities that actually do have something going for them (Boulder, Denver, Ft. Collins et al. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area