Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,669 times

Advertisements

Hi there! We (my husband and I) are being relocated for a job in Louisville, we are currently from CA, but have lived in OH, NY & CT. We are in our 30's (no kids anytime soon), enjoy outdoor, physical activities like mountain biking hiking, snowboarding, snowshoeing, rowing...and also enjoy a walkable city with some good restaurants, pubs, shows, etc. We are planning on renting for the next few years and are thinking that Boulder makes more sense for us compared to Louisville. I'm wondering if we really need to be centering ourselves near Pearl Street or if we can branch out within Boulder...any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 06:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Boulder is not very large. You could live anywhere and still be close to Pearl St. and the action. I would suggest staying away from the areas very close to the university. You will know the undergrad apts when you see them.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 AM

792 posts, read 3,140,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanna_banana View Post
Hi there! We (my husband and I) are being relocated for a job in Louisville, we are currently from CA, but have lived in OH, NY & CT. We are in our 30's (no kids anytime soon), enjoy outdoor, physical activities like mountain biking hiking, snowboarding, snowshoeing, rowing...and also enjoy a walkable city with some good restaurants, pubs, shows, etc. We are planning on renting for the next few years and are thinking that Boulder makes more sense for us compared to Louisville. I'm wondering if we really need to be centering ourselves near Pearl Street or if we can branch out within Boulder...any suggestions? Thanks!
You mentioned renting and walk-ability concept. If I was in your shoes I would look at:

1. Superior (Horizons at Rock Creek) - across 36, adj. to mall. Like a vacation resort.
http://www.thehorizonsatrockcreek.com/
http://www.flatironcrossing.com/
2. Louisville - pic an area walkable to Old Town/Rec. Ctr./Harper Lake - AWAY from RR tracks.
http://www.louisvillerecreation.com/
3. Boulder - maybe near creek path, near Pearl, west-side of 36, IMO. Exceptions noted by "K".

At #1 you will meet many people such as yourself (transplants with similar interests in same age bracket). You will get a lot of ammenities for your rent. But if you really want to "join the club" then maybe #3 is for you. I am thinking maybe North Broadway in Boulder going up by Fleet Feet and perhaps north of there by them luxury condos near the BBTC office across the street. Its nice being near mountains and running paths too.

Last edited by Spincycle; 08-02-2008 at 10:07 AM..

Old 08-13-2008, 02:19 PM

14 posts, read 36,700 times
Default Reply to Spincycle

[quote=Spincycle;4703217]

Disagree with you about Horizons at Rock Creek. We are there at the moment in a serviced apartment until we close on a house we have bought. It is a very transient society here and therefore no-one really gets to know anyone else. It is like a holiday home and we have enjoyed being here but short term only.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:51 PM

792 posts, read 3,140,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane7 View Post
Disagree with you about Horizons at Rock Creek. We are there at the moment in a serviced apartment until we close on a house we have bought..
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane7 View Post
It is a very transient society here and therefore no-one really gets to know anyone else. It is like a holiday home and we have enjoyed being here but short term only.
Transient I concur but never had a problem meeting anyone. With the clubhouse, pools, activities I met a lot of my neighbors. Some people do keep to themselves. I do miss the Horizons, best place I have ever rented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area