Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:12 PM

30,909 posts, read 37,047,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I know just about every decent apartment/condo complex in Boulder...and Boulder is easily San Jose rent..expect 850 for about the same apartment you have now..if you want something nice..upwards of that considerably..I was paying $1300 monthly for rent in Boulder in 1994 for two bedroom. Wages from what I have heard from most Californian's are substantially less in Boulder..COL vs. Wages..many people work in Denver of course...
I've come to the conclusion that if I move to Colorado, it won't be Boulder. If I want high prices, I can stay right where I am. At least the higher wages I earn make up for some of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I know just about every decent apartment/condo complex in Boulder...and Boulder is easily San Jose rent..expect 850 for about the same apartment you have now..if you want something nice..upwards of that considerably..I was paying $1300 monthly for rent in Boulder in 1994 for two bedroom. Wages from what I have heard from most Californian's are substantially less in Boulder..COL vs. Wages..many people work in Denver of course...
Good grief, where were you renting? My DD paid $850 for a small 2 BR in Boulder LAST YEAR!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,822,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Good grief, where were you renting? My DD paid $850 for a small 2 BR in Boulder LAST YEAR!
actually it was a two bedroom/two bath and a rather large townhome at Gold Run on Springdale LN..which I later ended up buying from Fowler properties. I have not seen many apartments currently... two bedrooms for 850.(very good deal imo).. That same Gold Run property rents for 1800 monthly currently.I guess the one positive is rents have come down a bit in Boulder since last year.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:01 AM

7 posts, read 14,895 times
I'm also looking to move to the Boulder area and get a studio/1 bedroom apartment. Anyone know of a good place I should look at to rent and about how much I would be paying?

Do any of the places have any utilities included? Who are your cable/internet, electric, etc providers?

I currently live in a 2 bedroom place outside Philly that is in my opinion a great place, very roomy and maintenance is fantastic. Water included and water heated for $1000 a month. I have a feeling I would be hard pressed to find even a 1 bedroom for that kind of deal in Boulder but I figured I would ask.

Is there a better place I should look at for living? I would prefer to be around young adults like myself if possible and not more than 30 minutes from the Boulder Reservoir since that is where my work would be.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times
Boulder isn't very big. Absent unusual traffic conditions, you could get to the res is 20 min. from just about anywhere in town. I think you could find something nice in your price range. I don't know who the cable providers are; we have satellite. Electricity is X-cel energy. We get our internet from qwest, the phone company. Some people have comcast. There are young people all over town, due to the university. The preponderance of college students live in central Boulder and on "the hill", if you're looking to avoid the undergrad crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area