Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:28 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who is considering moving to Boulder. I am looking at the area myself. We've looked at the ads on Craigslist...and some of them are as low as $450 for a studio. I told my friend I think $450 a month is unrealistically low.

It looked like $600 or $625 is more in the realistic range for something.

I would just be interested in something clean and reasonably safe (doesn't have to have lots of amenities) that isn't too far out in the burbs, although it does not have to be right at the heart of town, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 06:40 PM

26,220 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I have a friend who is considering moving to Boulder. I am looking at the area myself. We've looked at the ads on Craigslist...and some of them are as low as $450 for a studio. I told my friend I think $450 a month is unrealistically low.

It looked like $600 or $625 is more in the realistic range for something.

I would just be interested in something clean and reasonably safe (doesn't have to have lots of amenities) that isn't too far out in the burbs, although it does not have to be right at the heart of town, either.
Craigslist is FULL of scams .... if it sounds too good to be true .... run

Check websites that are MUCH more reliable, like rent.com or rentals.com, etc, just google "rentals boulder, co"

There's a lot of info in here on rentals in Boulder, like the thread about landlords, which will educate nicely about the topic.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:39 PM

377 posts, read 1,054,711 times
I just looked at Craigslist because I was curious. The only places I saw in that price range seemed to be in Broomfield and Westminster (but I didn't look that long). I do think that 450 is seriously low and that you are right about 600-650 being more realistic for a studio.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageRider View Post
I just looked at Craigslist because I was curious. The only places I saw in that price range seemed to be in Broomfield and Westminster (but I didn't look that long). I do think that 450 is seriously low and that you are right about 600-650 being more realistic for a studio.
Thanks everyone for the input!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,700,313 times
Studios and 1-bedroom apartments are in short supply in Boulder. That doesn't mean the prices for those are super high relative to other rentals in Boulder, but you should know that in general these are relatively scarce there.

Studios = $500 and up, anything <$700 will have nasty features (cramped, trashed, old, bad location, giant rundown multiunit apartment building, et. al.)

1 bdrm = $700 and up, anything <$900 will have nasty features (cramped, trashed, old, bad location, giant rundown multiunit apartment building, et. al.)

The majority of studio/1-bdrm apartments in Boulder are in the >$800/mo. range. Yup, it's pretty pricey!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 8,759 times
Default check out mapquest

hi
i am looking to move to colorado in oct and have seen those ads you are talking about and i thought the same thing. mapquest the address and you can actually click on street view and see the building and scan around . it made see why they were so low in price. hope this is helpful

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,700,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmedicine View Post
hi
i am looking to move to colorado in oct and have seen those ads you are talking about and i thought the same thing. mapquest the address and you can actually click on street view and see the building and scan around . it made see why they were so low in price. hope this is helpful
Dam straight, Wolfie. Now where can I find the "cute girl on the street view" feature??

Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,124,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmedicine View Post
hi
Mapquest has street views now? I thought only Google maps offered that feature.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
Studios and 1-bedroom apartments are in short supply in Boulder. That doesn't mean the prices for those are super high relative to other rentals in Boulder, but you should know that in general these are relatively scarce there.

Studios = $500 and up, anything <$700 will have nasty features (cramped, trashed, old, bad location, giant rundown multiunit apartment building, et. al.)

1 bdrm = $700 and up, anything <$900 will have nasty features (cramped, trashed, old, bad location, giant rundown multiunit apartment building, et. al.)

The majority of studio/1-bdrm apartments in Boulder are in the >$800/mo. range. Yup, it's pretty pricey!
Wow, that is pricey! I live in downtown San Jose, Calif. right near San Jose State U, and I pay $850 a month in rent (a cute and charming place, but not fancy). But I think wages are probably a lot lower in Boulder than they are here. Thanks, everyone, for the replies!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:00 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,815,498 times
I know just about every decent apartment/condo complex in Boulder...and Boulder is easily San Jose rent..expect 850 for about the same apartment you have now..if you want something nice..upwards of that considerably..I was paying $1300 monthly for rent in Boulder in 1994 for two bedroom. Wages from what I have heard from most Californian's are substantially less in Boulder..COL vs. Wages..many people work in Denver of course...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area