Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM

42 posts, read 103,004 times

Advertisements

so many good Mexican boxers, Hispanic I am but from another country, El Salvador--- we don't even have 1/4 of what they have, we don't have any freaking boxers and the soccer team sucks. Only once a long time ago was there a boxer name Carlos Hernandez who was champion for a while but he wasn't even that good to start off with, just another bum, got humiliated by not only Mayweather but many other boxers. His quote is " love is more important than winning" talking about loving his wife is more important than winning boxing matches, it's no wonder he was never p4p or even considered on the list of the best fighters, he's a big disappointment to Salvadorians, we just want some fighters from our countries who make it, that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times
It's a numbers game. Mexico will best El Salvador in anything because of odds. The pool of talent is much deeper.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM

42 posts, read 103,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
It's a numbers game. Mexico will best El Salvador in anything because of odds. The pool of talent is much deeper.
so why does Puerto Rico have a lot of good boxers and the population of El Salvador is greater than Puerto Rico? I guess I want to know why is it that boxing is so popular in Mexico and Puerto Rico but not countries like El Salvador and other countries in Central America.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelCapcom View Post
so why does Puerto Rico have a lot of good boxers and the population of El Salvador is greater than Puerto Rico? I guess I want to know why is it that boxing is so popular in Mexico and Puerto Rico but not countries like El Salvador and other countries in Central America.
Mexico is geographically closer to the US and therefore influenced.

Puerto Rico is a US Territory.

I believe both countries emerged on the boxing circuit in the 1930's during the Great Depression, I could be wrong though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing