Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 07:06 AM

833 posts, read 1,199,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
So he isn't a Floyd fan because he is being objective and unbiased? He must praise Floyd at all costs in order I be a fan? That sounds typical of his fans.

Punch stat numbers don't tell the whole story. A fighter can land 200 punches the entire 12 round fit, but if 150 of those punches are landed in three rounds, there are still nine more rounds to score with only what, five punches landed per each if those rounds? Punches landed is not the only basis for scoring a fight. Judges also look at ring generalship, who landed the harder punches, not just more accurate. They look at who was the aggressor as well.

If Floyd was capable of picking apart Maidana so easily, we wouldn't be having this discussion he only chose Maidana because he thought te same as you, Maidana was just a slow, lumbering brawler who he could pot shot all night like when he chose Guerrero and Ortiz. Floyd doesn't like pressure and I have my doubts that he will even grant a rematch. His "0" and his ego are way more important to him.

You speak of Maidana as a thug. Should I remind you it was Floyd to went to jail for beating his baby-mama in front if his kids...yeah, he's a real man. He cried like a little b***h in jail after only a couple of weeks looking for special treatment. He also assaulted his own security guards and has had multiple scrapes with the law in the past. His father and uncle are convicted drug dealers and substance abusers. The company he keeps is every bit as sketchy. So who is the thug now?
1. He beat his wife..... Well.... There is not much proof of that. My best friend had a domestic violence charge for beating his wife, and he was with me the WHOLE time. She got jealous, and she called the cops. Even if he did, I highly doubt he 'beat' her. He's a professional boxer, I'm sure she'd be KO'd if he 'beat' her.

2. Floyd is without a doubt capable of picking Maidana apart. He sure as hell did it the last 4 rounds. That was not the Mayweather we all know, you know it, he knows it, I know it, the world knows it. He stood there and fought that bout.

3. He cried about being in jail? Well who in the hell doesn't I'd be scared if he sat in there and said "well I love jail"

4. What does his father and uncle have to do with him? My dad is a convicted drug dealer (he did turn his life around completely). I am a med school student who works for one of the best companies in the world. My dad's brother is the VP for a software company that we all know and love (or hate). Again, what does that have to do with him?

5. With all the mess you talk about him being a bit.. I bet you wouldn't go toe to toe with him now would you?

6. You don't know about boxing. Please be quiet.

7. Do some research on your buddy maidana. He is a thug, a gang member, and a punk. Heck, all you have to do is watch that fight and you would see he is a POS. His trainers were even telling him to fight dirty. This is a guy you're standing up for?

Once again.... 46 have tried 46 have come up short. No woulda coulda shouldas PERIOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
I watched it again and still have Maidana ahead at 116-112. Oscar was right, Floyd should be 43-3, but corruption, politics and marketing goes a long way.
I guess that's why you're NOT a judge then huh? I mean jesus christ. What is so hard to comprehend the fact that no matter how an amateur armchair judge scores a fight, means absolutely nothing? Floyd is 46-0 period..... PERIOD. Oscar needs to shut up and go back to rehab.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:29 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
1. He beat his wife..... Well.... There is not much proof of that. My best friend had a domestic violence charge for beating his wife, and he was with me the WHOLE time. She got jealous, and she called the cops. Even if he did, I highly doubt he 'beat' her. He's a professional boxer, I'm sure she'd be KO'd if he 'beat' her.

2. Floyd is without a doubt capable of picking Maidana apart. He sure as hell did it the last 4 rounds. That was not the Mayweather we all know, you know it, he knows it, I know it, the world knows it. He stood there and fought that bout.

3. He cried about being in jail? Well who in the hell doesn't I'd be scared if he sat in there and said "well I love jail"

4. What does his father and uncle have to do with him? My dad is a convicted drug dealer (he did turn his life around completely). I am a med school student who works for one of the best companies in the world. My dad's brother is the VP for a software company that we all know and love (or hate). Again, what does that have to do with him?

5. With all the mess you talk about him being a bit.. I bet you wouldn't go toe to toe with him now would you?

6. You don't know about boxing. Please be quiet.

7. Do some research on your buddy maidana. He is a thug, a gang member, and a punk. Heck, all you have to do is watch that fight and you would see he is a POS. His trainers were even telling him to fight dirty. This is a guy you're standing up for?

Once again.... 46 have tried 46 have come up short. No woulda coulda shouldas PERIOD.
1. Not much proof? That's why he went to jail in the first place genius. He did beat his baby mama and he pleaded to a lesser charge so he wouldn't do some real hard time in a real prison. I guess your idea of beating someone is leaving them in a pool of their own blood. He beat her in front of his kids, stop making excuses for him.

2. If Floyd was capable of picking him apart it would have been done. It wasn't. That was not the Mayweather we all know? Then who was he? He was the Floyd we all know, he just managed to get by all these years playing it safe. It finally caught up to him when he underestimated Mr. Granite Shoes who was right in front of him all night.

3. Most real men who are doing their time don't whine to a judge about it while trying to play the badass to the media. It's not about loving jail. It's about accepting your situation and trying to make the most of it, not crying and making excuses to a judge while seeking special treatment. Can't do the time, don't do the crime. He was a paper tough guy outside the ring and a paper champion inside the ring.

4. You are the one who brought "thug" and into this thread, accusing Maidana as such. What does his affiliations have to do with the fight? Floyd's father went to prison for dealing drugs, his thuggish influence rubbed off on little Floyd who likes to slap women around, just like his crackhead uncle.

5. Yeah, I'll go toe to toe with him for what he paid Maidana. I am the perfect opponent for Floyd. I'm eight years older, no professional boxing career, only an amateur one. I am the very essence of the opponents he cherry picks.

6. I have forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know grasshopper. Don't you have some studying to do for your med school?

7. I don't need to research Maidana's personal history. All I need to know is what is happening for twelve rounds of the fight. You are the one who brought his personal history into this, and like a true Floyd fan, you fail to see how he is no different, in or out of the ring.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
1. Not much proof? That's why he went to jail in the first place genius. He did beat his baby mama and he pleaded to a lesser charge so he wouldn't do some real hard time in a real prison. I guess your idea of beating someone is leaving them in a pool of their own blood. He beat her in front of his kids, stop making excuses for him.

2. If Floyd was capable of picking him apart it would have been done. It wasn't. That was not the Mayweather we all know? Then who was he? He was the Floyd we all know, he just managed to get by all these years playing it safe. It finally caught up to him when he underestimated Mr. Granite Shoes who was right in front of him all night.

3. Most real men who are doing their time don't whine to a judge about it while trying to play the badass to the media. It's not about loving jail. It's about accepting your situation and trying to make the most of it, not crying and making excuses to a judge while seeking special treatment. Can't do the time, don't do the crime. He was a paper tough guy outside the ring and a paper champion inside the ring.

4. You are the one who brought "thug" and into this thread, accusing Maidana as such. What does his affiliations have to do with the fight? Floyd's father went to prison for dealing drugs, his thuggish influence rubbed off on little Floyd who likes to slap women around, just like his crackhead uncle.

5. Yeah, I'll go toe to toe with him for what he paid Maidana. I am the perfect opponent for Floyd. I'm eight years older, no professional boxing career, only an amateur one. I am the very essence of the opponents he cherry picks.

6. I have forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know grasshopper. Don't you have some studying to do for your med school?

7. I don't need to research Maidana's personal history. All I need to know is what is happening for twelve rounds of the fight. You are the one who brought his personal history into this, and like a true Floyd fan, you fail to see how he is no different, in or out of the ring.
If you knew as much as you say you do. So much crap wouldn't be coming out of your mouth. I'm too tired to argue today, maybe tomorrow.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:52 AM

491 posts, read 1,652,526 times
Looks like Coolhand threw a flurry of punches there

Old 05-18-2014, 06:52 AM

592 posts, read 802,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post
Looks like Coolhand threw a flurry of punches there
Yeah and landed like 26%

Old 05-18-2014, 12:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Yeah and landed like 26%
Your knowledge of math is about as poor as your knowledge of boxing. Thanks for chiming in with something constructive to the thread. Typical.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:49 PM

42 posts, read 55,949 times
Mayweather fights always cause this much drama.

About the forearms....You all know Mayweather does that ALL the time. So do you really expect Weeks to call him on something we all know he does. Maidana on the other hand was brawling like he was in a prison riot. No problem with me because I love brawlers but he doesnt fight like that ALL the time.

Dear Mayweather,
If you gunna fight Maidana again, please stay off the ropes. I would rather you move on to Pacquiao or Khan but Khan's a Muslim and Ramadan is in September.

Oh and shout out to Adrien "Always Ballin" Broner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing