Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 AM

92 posts, read 231,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
1. ESPN is televising the preseason Cocoa football game Saturday at noon. So that seems pretty impressive for a town of 30,000 or so people.
2. Beaches are uncrowded because there are over 60 miles of beaches to choose from. The ones close to highways coming from the West generally have the most people but if you drive down a few miles you are on less crowded beaches. Go early and you and the fishermen/women and beach walkers might be the only ones on the beach.. Also they are just left natural-not a lot of boardwalks, not a lot of hotels, and not as much publicity about the locations of some of them. Most have free parking and all are open to the public. The county beaches all have parking, some pavilians , and restrooms.
3. There is really no such thing as jelly fish season. They can come in when ever the winds are right, but haven't seen a lot of them since early early spring.
4. Indian River stretches in Brevard to Volusia County. There are some big groves up by Cocoa but I think Daytona Beach plays up the name more.
About the televised football game: Florida usually does get a lot more media exposure than most other southern states. I am not saying Cocoa sucks, and they may very well be one of the best in the country right now. However, please quickly check this website out right here about Valdosta's team. Basically all you have to do is look at he front page to see all of the accomplishments, thank you, lol. Here: Home

The beaches: Some great explanations you gave me! I thought also that they may get overlooked and not as much publicity as many others do. That is good there is an abundance of beach access because I have seen many places to have a majority of private access ones instead. I don't want to get shot by walking on someone's beach, during these days, you never know, haha.
Jellyfish: I was concerned because I seen an awful lot of them last year at Jekyll Island, Flagler, and especially St. Aug. beach. They ruined my desire to get in the water Someone in Savannah once told me that a jellyfish season is around mid August to mid-Sept.
Traffic: Please give me a Top 3 to 5 of the areas that have the most traffic, if you can.
Kayaking: Also do you know much about Kayaking? If so, can you also answer those questions I had about kayaking that I asked?One more thing: also the questions I had about the area where the worst reputation for crime is?

Thanks Millions!!!!!

Last edited by FlipperrX; 08-25-2012 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: forgot to ask question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 PM

92 posts, read 231,183 times
Default this week

I will be there this week from Thursday til sunday!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County