Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,563 times

Advertisements

My husband,myself, 2 children(ages 2 and 5), and two samoyed dogs are looking to move to Florida. We like the Melbourne,Palm Bay area. I've been reading the forums people have wrote in about this area and I have to say I'm looking elsewhere. I have a 5 yrae old son who will be attending school now(kindergarten) and a 2 year old son who will eventually be in school too. I have two brothers that live in florida now- 1 in Greenacres and 1 in Del Ray. Both seem like nice areas. I guess what I'm asking for is someones advice on living in Florida. If you had to pick out of all the cities, which one would it be and why?? I don't want to be too close to the ocean but not too far either. Jobs are no problem yet( my husband can transfer). Also, if you had a choice, would you stay in Florida or would you want to leave. And why??? Any honest answers would be appreciated as you can see I have alot of questions.
Thank you,amy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 02:48 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
I honestly like Florida, it depends on what you like. What kind of weather do you like? why do you want to live in FL? There are a lot of nice family oriented communities in FL with good schools, you just need to be more specific on what you want. I wouldnt move to the palm bay area.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:49 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,029,725 times
If I could work somewhere else, I'd be gone in a second. Too crowded, to much crime, overrun with illegals, too much traffic, too much congestion, too many big box stores, too damned hot for 7 months of the year. Oh yeah, the fireants and other poisonous insects aren't really a plus either.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:18 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
If I could work somewhere else, I'd be gone in a second. Too crowded, to much crime, overrun with illegals, too much traffic, too much congestion, too many big box stores, too damned hot for 7 months of the year. Oh yeah, the fireants and other poisonous insects aren't really a plus either.
Don't you live on the treasure coast? If that's "too much congestion" and "too much crime" for you, I think you'll need to head out to South Dakota!

Old 11-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Don't you live on the treasure coast? If that's "too much congestion" and "too much crime" for you, I think you'll need to head out to South Dakota!
South Dakota sounds pretty good actually. Or northern Vermont. The treasure coast is just so crowded, it's hard to breath.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:05 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

When I lived in Vermont, LilyBeans posted to Vermont forum and made it appear
she had a business in VT.
Where do you live, LilyBeans, VT or FL ??

The treasure Coast is awesome.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:48 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
My first concern would be finding a job. What type of work do you and your husband do?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
When I lived in Vermont, LilyBeans posted to Vermont forum and made it appear
she had a business in VT.
Where do you live, LilyBeans, VT or FL ??

The treasure Coast is awesome.
Kind of both actually. VT is home. I live in Fl.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:58 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
Quote:
There is stuff about Vermont I miss. Our house in Proctor was magical !
I will go back whenever I can, but my Wife and I worked in Rutland.
Rutland to me was the backdrop to a depressing Tom Waites
or Bruce Springsteen song. There is no place on the Treasure
Coast I would not choose to live over Rutland. That would go
for a lot of the depressed areas in VT, too. Springfield, Fairhaven, etc....
Not all of VT. lives up to the reputation it has that draws people there.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 PM

563 posts, read 1,252,034 times
Quote:
If you're so unhappy in Florida, and if you think it's so bad here, you'd probably be happier elsewhere and you could stop bashing Florida for those of us who love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County