Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:33 AM

927 posts, read 1,458,590 times

Advertisements

ahhh ... the Broadway Market (where we used to get our Easter Duck - killed after it was picked out)

and the FRESH horseradish burning your eyes ... the best you could get for beef on weck ...

I'm in NC ... and only ONE spot down in Wilmington sells Beef on Weck ... the weck was some how different though ... but STILL real good!

... before the Anchor bar got famous and completely rearranged inside they had an AWESOME rib eye sandwich! Had many of those with a nice ice cold Genny Cream!

anyone remember Uncle Sam's? or the buffet at Cordon Bleu on Transit Road? How about that disco "Club 747" (I wasn't a disco person - just for the record)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 PM

922 posts, read 3,860,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG! Cassidy's! THAT PLACE burned to the ground didn't it??many years ago. We used to go when we were 19 and then the drinking age became 21 and then finally got in LOL>...No one was sober in that place it seemed!! wow... Freddy's special when they had 97 ROCK there also?
Yeah - it burned down. I just street-viewed the corner of Amherst and Main. Wow. It's all suburban-looking now. I remember the Cassidy's building was an old-style tavern type of building on the northwest corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I remember wearing my IZOD alligator tennis shirts ! was the in thing LOL
And you always had the collar up, right?

Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 7,794 times
I was self transplanted here in 1978 after coming to Buffalo State for Fine Art in 1974. I have found the passion for this place as my own shared with all of you and have taken the last 4 years to begin putting it to art. I have been an artist/designer here for the last 20 + years and now can express that passion with my series called [mod]advertising [/mod]

Glad and proud to be among the citizens of Western NY

Last edited by bellafinzi; 08-16-2009 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 11-19-2009, 11:52 AM

9 posts, read 34,383 times
Buffalo Drive In
Grandview Drive In

Old 11-19-2009, 07:09 PM

927 posts, read 1,458,590 times
remember the Twin Drive In's? Used to watch them from the play room window

Old 11-29-2009, 06:48 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
ahhh ... the Broadway Market (where we used to get our Easter Duck - killed after it was picked out)

and the FRESH horseradish burning your eyes ... the best you could get for beef on weck ...

I'm in NC ... and only ONE spot down in Wilmington sells Beef on Weck ... the weck was some how different though ... but STILL real good!

... before the Anchor bar got famous and completely rearranged inside they had an AWESOME rib eye sandwich! Had many of those with a nice ice cold Genny Cream!

anyone remember Uncle Sam's? or the buffet at Cordon Bleu on Transit Road? How about that disco "Club 747" (I wasn't a disco person - just for the record)
how about Monday Night at Mulligan's on Allen?
Rue Franklin West?

And an old speakeasy with the window in the door when you came in..anybody remember the name of that place?

Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 7,337 times
i came from london uk lived in fort erie 57 to 60 loved buffalo freindly bars amber bar tommies schuper house on niagara also babe fatimas bar and grill i live in montreal now oh those memories had some good friends there people i have lost contact with after so many years john doogan joe sullivan lived in south park used to show me around loved it

Old 01-15-2010, 05:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
The doughnut place on Main st. was Freddies. Best peanut stick ever. Tops has one that comes close. Balo's for Roast Beef.

yes, it was freddy's - used to stop there from dance class...also santoras pizza, going for a hot apple dumpling with vanilla sauce at kresge's counter, frozen custard on grant street, and walking to niagara street for Italian bread.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:41 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstaterInBklyn View Post
Yeah - it burned down. I just street-viewed the corner of Amherst and Main. Wow. It's all suburban-looking now. I remember the Cassidy's building was an old-style tavern type of building on the northwest corner.

And you always had the collar up, right?
Of course!Upstater! I was one of those preppy Izod girls LOL>>>with the whales on the purses with the wooden handles... OMG, I remember the music blaring and people having the bartender spinning the wheel for Freddy's special!!

Quote:
remember the Twin Drive In's? Used to watch them from the play room window
I vaguely remember the drive in! I think I remember seeing Bednobs and Broomsticks LOL...

Anyone remember Fun and Games amusement park next to Twin Fair??? and those swinging cages? A friend and I used to go in those things and did the 360 all the way around in it!

Freddys Donuts rocked! They were as good as Krispy Kreme when those came out I had fond memories of Freddy's! Glazed the best. They always sold them after mass at church lol........

Does anyone remember Sears downtown having monkeys in cages?? LOL>...I remember it......in the pet dept.? Call me crazy but I swear..........

Old 01-26-2010, 04:27 PM

737 posts, read 1,916,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
Genesee Cream Ale and Taco Junction and of course Costello's Pizza in the Transir Hill Plaza (where Ralph's Market is) on Transit Rd
OMG!!!!!! Cosillo's Pizza..........Depew!! Grew up in the neighborhood right behind the Plaza. We fly in BUF drive right to Cosillo's for a Pizza Sub.

S&H Green Stamp Catalog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area