Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 06:13 AM

31 posts, read 29,354 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever lived here anybody know what the demographic is? By that i mean is this building mostly owner occupied or rentals. Are the occupants mostly family's, seniors, college kids, young professionals? when the building was first built i remember it was advertised as cat friendly but not dog friendly is that still the rule, no dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 06:15 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,272,083 times
I'm sorry no one has chimed in on this. Unfortunately I can't really help other than telling you what the neighborhood is like. It has an urban feel. There are 8-10 big apartment building in the immediate area - condos, subsidized housing, senior apartments. There is a strip mall with a large grocery store and a Walgreens on the west side of the complex and office buildings on the east side. North of the complex is an older single family neighborhood and south is I-189. Its not a quiet area. Quite a bit of traffic.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:46 PM

41 posts, read 89,824 times
There have been several drug dealers busted there, including multiple drug-related shootings and at least one murder.

Arrests made in S. Burlington murder | Vermont - WPTZ Home

http://www.miltonindependent.com/mil...und-with-meth/

It is all part of the same complex, City's Edge, Eastwood Commons, etc. This is on the hands of the prior City Council and Development Review Board members who sold out so their real estate cronies could profit in the legalized corruption game of subsidized/affordable housing. Although it is unfortunately the same story with the current City Council majority. Lots of greasing the wheels in South Burlington politics. Has sadly hurt property values in the older single family neighborhood adjacent to it, referenced by VTer. It looks nice enough on the surface and offers convenience to Starbucks and amenities but I wouldn't live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT