Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 AM

54 posts, read 166,789 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Portland, ME to the Burlington area and I must admit that I'm not at all happy about it. Nothing against Burlington, it's just that we're very comfortable in Maine.

Anyway, I've been looking at homes online and like the homes in Butler Farms neighborhood of So Burlington. The homes look nice and I've heard the schools are good.

Does anyone know anything about this neighborhood or can suggest a similar neighborhood? Looking for a neighborhood setting with lots of kids, sidewalks, decent-sized yard - typical suburbia.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 PM

50 posts, read 187,085 times
I live in Colchester but a very good friend of mine lives in Butler Farms with her husband and 2 sons. They absolutely love it there. She loves suburbia living and having a million kids in and out of her home. As far as I know the schools are great in SB but I don't know much about them.

Good luck with your move to VT.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 PM

4 posts, read 29,313 times
I know lots of people who live there who really like it. Lots of kids. Big group of neighborhoods all together. Hmm..other places...there's a neighborhood right across the street from Butler Farms, maybe one of the neighborhoods near the Vermont National Country Club? They're all smaller than the Butler Farms neighborhood area though. I'm not sure how old your kids are, but in one of the neighborhoods near Vermont National Country Club (Four Sisters Road/Vale Drive) there are plenty of younger kids and there's another neighborhood behind that one (both are set off of Nowland Farm Road) is a bit bigger.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 AM

119 posts, read 564,944 times
Before sure to ask a Realtor about what is happening with the storm water run-off issue in Butler Farms. Last I heard the homeowners were having to pay some stiff fees to fix the problem.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 AM

231 posts, read 869,409 times
Those homes were "thrown" together very fast. A few months from start to finish....just something to put into consideraton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT