Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 AM

415 posts, read 2,334,539 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the reply, her story is this,
She will not have the use of her legs, nor be able to sit in a wheel chair for more than about 2 hrs at a time. So we are looking at being able to work from bed with a work table.
She will have a new computer we purchased and high speed internet access. She is very computer literate, although has not done any type of design work.
The work she was thinking of is along the lines of a non-sales type of program. She does not like sales, and her work experience seems to be more accounting based.
I told her that the MLM jobs you see out there are for the most part bogus and not real opportunities. I was thinking like some of you, maybe a on line store, where she did not have to set the store up or design anything, but just promote it and get people to to come to it to buy, Any idea on that line would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
If she has an online store, there usually is selling involved. Especially marketing, so I don't know if that's the right thing for her. Like I said before those sites that you pay and they set everything up are usually overpriced/rip offs. I'm very familiar with them and selling on the internet. The idea you have is very nice and it's great you are trying to help her but an online store is a lot of work, at least at first. If she doesn't have any experience with this, maybe think twice about it. If she is determined to do this, she can start with ebay. She can learn a lot, find vendors that will drop ship and learn to deal with the public and customer service.

Maybe she can do some bookkeeping or accounting for some local businesses that are willing to let her work from home?

Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 PM

4 posts, read 11,190 times
RE:Internet home based business.Hi my name is mark,I am new to this but not new to this subject. My Opinions here will be based on research not second guessing.Affiliate Programs-There is really no experience needed,But you must advertise there products,or pay them to do it (expensive mostly) All of them say they have the #1 product, If you would not buy the product they have to offer don't join! You have to find a marketable Product to sell, These companies are all pretty much free to join, but like I said you must advertise,Advertise Advertise! And to do that you really should have your own website .(Administrators please allow these companies I am going to list,For they are ones I am A member and affiliate of)All4webs.com is the website I use To advertise my website, it is free! Or you can use traffic exchanges,Traffic Swarm,Traffic Mate 2,My Traffic X,Just A few but you can put traffic exchanges in your browser to see more.Try joining online stores ,But you still must advertise,There are thousands of work at home companies out there, Don't be fooled by the ones that tell you that you can make thousands in 2 or 3 days they will all cost you money to join.I guess the best advice I can give other than this is,If your stuck at home,due to an injury like I was and you have a computer,Or just looking to earn some extra income from home,Do A lot of research before you join any online company!Yes you can make money online,but it won't be in your bank account tomorrow, it takes work no matter what they say.Time Effort And Patients is what you need ,To Make it work.If you wish,e-mail me [email]hope this helps your friend,or anyone else that is interested! Like I said,Research is the KEY! Have A Great Day!!

Last edited by Global Friend; 08-18-2007 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: Good info. but DM the rest to the poster

Old 08-17-2007, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 11,190 times
Another post on this subject:First of all,which I should have stated in the first post,I hope your friend well and the best of luck! I receive a lot of news letters,Some of them are for home typists,craft making,even stuffing envelopes,But these companies Usually want you to pay them for the information.Home survey co. aren't bad,just don't join the ones who want you to complete offers,you must use a credit card.Pretty much just type in the key words for the area your interested in,and you should get links to that subject.Also please make sure you read the terms of service,This is crucial,Know exactly what your joining and/or getting into!When you find the right home business,Remember always say I can do this,I will do this,I Can make this work!!Thanks,Everyone have a good night and a better tomorrow!!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 AM

415 posts, read 2,334,539 times
Well I surely appreciate the information and look forward to the responses from the private messages.
We will take our time and find a way to make this work. Not a get rich quick scheme, but a real home based business

Old 12-17-2007, 06:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwing View Post
Is there really one that is real. I have a very close friend, who just got out of the hospital and needs an income. Unfortunitly she can not get around. So working from home is a very real need. Can anyone tell me if there really is such a possibility. I see all the adds and web sites, but are any of them for real
If so which one ????
I work from home, 4 years now with my own internet based company, but I started it from scratch. I havent found one "advertised" anywhere that is legit.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetWarrior View Post
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood the original poster. By online business, I assumed by the way they were apprehensive about the ads and web sites that they were referring to MLM online "companies".

The businesses you listed are all reputable and legitimate businesses, and I didn't in any way mean to downgrade anyone who worked over the internet. It's just that these days Quixtar and Amway are online business leaders.
There is a HUGE difference in people who work from home, started their own business, which are legit companies, and the ones that have to advertise for people to work from home, which I have yet to see one that is legit.

100% agree with you.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:08 PM

673 posts, read 2,717,254 times
Ideas:
1. Find some niche, like accounting for (fill in the blank).
2. Create a website with whatever service she is offering.
3. Pay for Google adwords to get her site to appear.
4. Create a profile on a contracting site like guru.com.
5. Consider listing her services in the local free news magazine (ex. Austin=Chronicle).
6. Pitch a story to a local paper about working from home.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:00 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,875 times
Let her go to AlpineAccessdotcom. I used to work for them. They pay about $9 per hour and they pay for training. Basically customer service from home. I used to be the customer service rep for a major office supply company. It was fun and I learned a lot. They do several phone interviews, etc. It is a legitimate company and I got my checks direct deposit. Then I found this job and I quit. But I highly recommend them.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:11 AM

11 posts, read 32,638 times
Default Internet Home based business

Dear friend,
You get the more information about the Internet Home based business from http://www.franchiseadvantage.com.
you can see it.
Thnx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business